Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   ramming/crashing (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=421901)

mrphazer 10-21-2012 03:38 PM

ramming/crashing

it looks the same as when u die why dont your hull bulkle and come off and when your crashing i like to see something like voy"year of hell pt2" when janeway crashed into the krenim ship

artan42 10-22-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrphazer (Post 6201261)
it looks the same as when u die why dont your hull bulkle and come off and when your crashing i like to see something like voy"year of hell pt2" when janeway crashed into the krenim ship

The Troi Maneuver.

supergaminggeek 10-22-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artan42 (Post 6205281)
The Troi Maneuver.

The Full F#&k You Impulse, as seen in Nemesis.

psycoticvulcan 10-22-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrphazer (Post 6201261)

That would be awesome, but unfortunately it's very hard to code something like that. Especially when you have custom starships thrown into the mix.

centersolace 10-22-2012 08:14 PM

It wouldn't be that difficult to program.

Animating that on the other hand... Not to mention getting it to look right, yeah that would be an interesting beast. Still... Cryptic should try and harness it, but they seem to be afraid of trying "New Stuff" like this. They dip their toes in it from time to time, but they need to throw themselves whole hog at it! Otherwise this will never be anything but a moderately successful backwater licensed MMO. :(

afree100 10-23-2012 02:41 AM

People would misuse that in PVP (how it would be intergrated is a bigger issue) and the dev team has to much on their plate. It would be cool though and I just finished watching Nemesis for the first time several minutes ago lol.

centersolace 10-23-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afree100 (Post 6222161)
People would misuse that in PVP (how it would be intergrated is a bigger issue) and the dev team has to much on their plate.

How? :confused: ............

velktra 10-24-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afree100 (Post 6222161)
People would misuse that in PVP (how it would be intergrated is a bigger issue) and the dev team has to much on their plate. It would be cool though and I just finished watching Nemesis for the first time several minutes ago lol.

How? You can only ram things when you use "ramming speed", which is only available when you're almost dead anyway. How can you "misuse" a power that everyone in the game has anyway? :rolleyes:

darthwoo 10-25-2012 01:56 PM

I thought it would be neat to have a Jem'hadar DOFF, or perhaps a female Betazoid DOFF, probably Conn Officers, that gave you the ability to use ramming speed at any health level when on active duty.

lordmalak1 10-25-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centersolace (Post 6231201)
How? :confused: ............

We used to have great fun in SFC, tractoring another player and dragging him into asteroids.