Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Fix those Tricobalt mines (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=421991)

orondis 10-21-2012 06:31 PM

Fix those Tricobalt mines

After my 5th pug match of having my team or the opposing team wiped out by tric users I've rather had enough.

They have become the number one defacto way of killing. It's getting to the point where half the players in a match are using them. Doesn't matter what career the captain is, they're always deadly. It's relly starting to get peoples backs up or in some cases just put them off pvp all together.

It's seriously beginning to ruin the game.

I'm not just talking PvP here, I'm talk PvE as well. They've made everything from Borg elite tactical cubes to the gates, shield or unshielded, total walkovers. I remember someone bragging in my team how his tric mines are taking out whole borg cubes without having fired anything else.

They are a no-skill-required method of playing the game.

tick0 10-21-2012 07:14 PM

Completely agreed. /support

jellico1 10-21-2012 07:54 PM

The mine should do no more damage than a torpedo
Because the mine moves to the target

Take away the mines movement and it would be fine

But a moving mine is really a slow torpedo
And should be limited to torpedo damage rates

matteo716maikai 10-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orondis (Post 6202621)
After my 5th pug match of having my team or the opposing team wiped out by energy weapon users I've rather had enough.

They have become the number one defacto way of killing. It's getting to the point where half the players in a match are using them. Doesn't matter what career the captain is, they're always deadly. It's relly starting to get peoples backs up or in some cases just put them off pvp all together.

It's seriously beginning to ruin the game.

I'm not just talking PvP here, I'm talk PvE as well. They've made everything from Borg elite tactical cubes to the gates, shield or unshielded, total walkovers. I remember someone bragging in my team how his energy weapon are taking out whole borg cubes without having fired anything else.

They are a no-skill-required method of playing the game.

i bolded the real problem. see how easy it was to fix this for ya?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellico1 (Post 6203491)
The mine should do no more damage than a torpedo
Because the mine moves to the target

Take away the mines movement and it would be fine

But a moving mine is really a slow torpedo
And should be limited to torpedo damage rates

ummm... if they move slower then torps (your own admission) why should they be limited to the same damage as torps? they do a little bit more damage then torps because they move way slower. thats the trade off.

tric's in general are only effective if they hit. maybe you should try not letting them hit ya?

jellico1 10-21-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716maikai (Post 6203621)
i bolded the real problem. see how easy it was to fix this for ya?

ummm... if they move slower then torps (your own admission) why should they be limited to the same damage as torps? they do a little bit more damage then torps because they move way slower. thats the trade off.

tric's in general are only effective if they hit. maybe you should try not letting them hit ya?

They don't hit me, they hit non moving Borg
Cubes and gates

Some of our fleet members use them, finished infected elite
Today with 9 minutes left on the timer

9 minutes.......
It's interfering with pve
And just one of many broken pvp Features which
Is so broken that it doesn't matter I'n pvp

I want it fixed so it doesn't mess up pve

ghostyandfrosty 10-21-2012 08:30 PM

Aoes, you have now yes?

No?

Get AOE :(

lexsan82 10-21-2012 08:42 PM

Trics are so easily countered, it's not even funny. It is a trade off that they get more damage because they are targetable and move slowly. Not to mention if your shields are up, they do negligible damage. I think if you spent more time learning to use all of the various counters, you'd have more fun in pvp.

As for pve, any pvp setup is a joke to use in pve. You will always roll pve in a pvp ship.

jellico1 10-21-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexsan82 (Post 6203891)
Trics are so easily countered, it's not even funny. It is a trade off that they get more damage because they are targetable and move slowly. Not to mention if your shields are up, they do negligible damage. I think if you spent more time learning to use all of the various counters, you'd have more fun in pvp.

As for pve, any pvp setup is a joke to use in pve. You will always roll pve in a pvp ship.

Very untrue with the exception of the mine setup

A pve players doesn't use skills I'n defensive areas
A pvper has to , thus limiting a pvpers Dps or survivalability
I'n pvp, that's why most who pvp do not pve

If anything your statement is a joke

matteo716maikai 10-21-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellico1 (Post 6203781)
They don't hit me, they hit non moving Borg
Cubes and gates

Some of our fleet members use them, finished infected elite
Today with 9 minutes left on the timer

9 minutes.......
It's interfering with pve
And just one of many broken pvp Features which
Is so broken that it doesn't matter I'n pvp

I want it fixed so it doesn't mess up pve

Or maybe if the ai was actually smart enough to actually defend itself... Or maybe balance shields, or maybe do more then just occasionally one shot people, this wouldn't be an issue eh?

Awwww how sad you don't want it to mess up your pve, what about all the **** in pve that messes up our pvp? Or the **** that's about to be added for pve that will screw up pvp even more? Can I get that fixed so it doesn't mess up our pvp?

matteo716maikai 10-21-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellico1 (Post 6203981)
Very untrue with the exception of the mine setup

A pve players doesn't use skills I'n defensive areas
A pvper has to , thus limiting a pvpers Dps or survivalability
I'n pvp, that's why most who pvp do not pve

If anything your statement is a joke

I'd love to see your pve ship out damage a pvp ship in pve. I frankly don't think you know what you're talking about.