Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   For any KDF Fleet: Bloodwine Fountain (Very useful) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=422101)

mimey2 10-21-2012 10:10 PM

For any KDF Fleet: Bloodwine Fountain (Very useful)

I'm putting the word out, it's been a couple days since it came out, but I wanted to let every Klingon fleet out there know this:

Get the current featured mission for the Starbase, it, unlike any other special project so far, is, in fact, useful.

Even if your fleet does nothing else with the Starbase or Fleet system at all, I highly recommend this.

This upgrade adds a bloodwine fountain to the bar area (along with some other stuff), but this large bowl of bloodwine allows you to make a 'toast' when you drink from it.

At the very least, it's really cool to have a whole bunch of people stand around it and toast at the same time.

However, on top of the emote, the toast provides a ground buff for an hour depending on which of the three toasts you do. You can only have one active at a time, and I dunno how they stack with other things.

Victory: Damage buff (I'm guessing it's all damage, not just ranged)
Glory: Health Regan buff
Honor: Damage Resistance buff (all damage resistance)

I didn't see any extra effects, like critical hit or critical severity buffs, so I'm guessing it's just those three. They're not huge increases, but I feel they're worthwhile.

Still, I feel this is probably the absolute best featured project they've ever had for the Starbases, and I highly recommend getting this one for all KDF fleets out there.

jockey1979 10-22-2012 02:14 AM

Cheers for the information, will have a look at that myself.

vinru821 10-22-2012 11:10 AM

Well that is worth more than just looking nice.

glad my fleetmate started this one, gotta invest in it now

dbxxx 10-22-2012 12:14 PM

And there was us starting it just cause it looks good and makes it feel like home :D

Question, is it JUST ground buffs or is there anything for space?

walkincrow 10-22-2012 12:39 PM

Didn't realized the toasts gave a buff. Nice catch!

emperorandy 10-22-2012 01:26 PM

What a cool feature! Thanks for the heads up.

jnohd 10-22-2012 02:03 PM

This overwrites tribble buffs. The buffs are on par with blue quality tribbles', and expires in one hour. Tribble buffs are somewhat better in that aspect (you carry it with you) for the bred ones... the reward ones even more so for their stats.

This should have stacked with those buffs, or been 20-hour buffs, imho.

baudl 10-22-2012 03:36 PM

in my opinion thats just a compensation for klingons not being able to use most tribbles.

nicha0 10-22-2012 05:05 PM

This sounds very much like the IDIC tribble, try using them while in a group and get one of each buff and see if you get a syngery buff as well.

mimey2 10-22-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbxxx (Post 6213061)
And there was us starting it just cause it looks good and makes it feel like home :D

Question, is it JUST ground buffs or is there anything for space?

There's only ground buffs, the three mentioned above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnohd (Post 6215051)
This overwrites tribble buffs. The buffs are on par with blue quality tribbles', and expires in one hour. Tribble buffs are somewhat better in that aspect (you carry it with you) for the bred ones... the reward ones even more so for their stats.

This should have stacked with those buffs, or been 20-hour buffs, imho.

Thank you for letting us know, I was unsure if they did stack or not. Even so, I still think it's worthwhile, just because you can use it any time of day and everyone can use it.