Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Starbase Requisition Management (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=424141)

somedudez 10-24-2012 08:58 AM

Starbase Requisition Management

IMHO Starbase requistion management definitely needs some kind of overhaul.

At the moment only fleet leaders can 'help themselves'
to the advanced and elite gear, which is fine. But when a rank and file officer
needs a weapon(s) we have got to promote him and then de-mote him which is
time consuming and has a 'big brother' is watching you feel to it.

Idea...

Lets have a starbase requisition management screen where reqs can be limited
on a per week, month basis.

OR

A system where tokens are handed out by fleet leaders for reqs. E.g. 2,3,4 a week depending on fleet rules and then the junior officers can help themselves.

By the way my fleet is not totalitarian or militaristic just concerned at the abuse if
there was a 'free for all' system in place.

Quick Note: Why is Starbase issues not a main main forum title like PvE, PvP, Recruitment etc.?

vinru821 10-24-2012 09:43 AM

Yes please!

The fleet my fed toons are in is doing the same, ask, promote, buy, demote.. and honestly.. its a pain in the coolie!

It makes me not even want to contribute anymore, because what if I am told no, or if the leader isn't online, why am I giving you all my stuff and spending EC on doffs for projects if I am not going to get a lousy weapon when I need it.

I went from the 5th (almost at 4th) top contributor to about the 10th.

I think it would be a good if, as you said, we could hand out the req's and they can be used as needed. Or a limit placed, whether it be weekly or monthly. I think daily would be too much.

phyrexianhero 10-24-2012 09:59 AM

I didn't know many fleets even had a policy like this -- it doesn't sound like something that the members *or* leadership would want. The former can't buy at their leisure and have to wait for an officer to be on at that particular moment, and the leadership has to stop whatever they're doing to cater to said member.

While additional flexiblity would be nice (limit of X items per day, similar to fleet bank), it seems the easiest thing to do in the interim is to just allow any member at a certain rank access to the store.

mbp101287 10-24-2012 08:27 PM

Agreed. The best option is to set up your fleet ranks so that everyone who can be reasonably trusted to not use up all the req's is in a rank which can purchase from fleet stores. Let newer members or those on probation or whatever, be in lower ranks which don't have permission to purchase.

defcon1776 10-27-2012 01:36 PM

Our fleet initially restricted all purchases except by special request as to manage a low inventory and to prevent 'leeches'. After building up a sufficient inventory, we now allow all but newly minted ensigns to freely purchase and we do not run low on weapons or ships. Normally, an ensign reaches the 'age of accountability' in 30 days but they can request to purchase from the brass as well and in most cases we have allowed it.