Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   What SHOULD I buy pre-S7 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=425091)

lordmalak1 10-25-2012 08:26 AM

What SHOULD I buy pre-S7

Have been working on a PvP only toon for a couple months now and I got it just about right- until this S7 monkey wrench- I'm TAC, fly a energy ONLY Raptor, got 4 Lethean bridge crew and eat normal STF's for snacks with AEGIS set and white mk 11 gear.

Since I won't be playing this Romulan mark reputation game I ask for suggestions to cash out my accumulated STF drops: 63 EDC, 15 rare salvage, 2 common shield tech, 2 common deflector tech, 1 mk10 requisition, and 1 mk 11 requisition. I won't be needing borg ship weapons as I'm planning on fleet weapons once I figure out how to roll my 5000 zen into a fleet ship and not get ***** by the lack of discount for KDF fleet ship ugrade.

So lets hear some suggestions, time is ticking.

starcommando101 10-25-2012 08:31 AM

A tad bit off topic, but I advice you get all sets in game because rumors that every set (well almost every) is getting a makeover...

hippiejon 10-25-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 6258611)
63 EDC, 15 rare salvage, 2 common shield tech, 2 common deflector tech, 1 mk10 requisition, and 1 mk 11 requisition.

If you don't need weapons ....

common tech , trade for dilithium
Look into buying the doffs with the salvage
Pick up a piece of Mk XI KHG or Omega gear you need with 40 EDC
Dont know what I'd do with the requisitions.

lordmalak1 10-25-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 6258861)
If you don't need weapons ....

common tech , trade for dilithium
Look into buying the doffs with the salvage
Pick up a piece of Mk XI KHG or Omega gear you need with 40 EDC
Dont know what I'd do with the requisitions.

Cant buy set items with edc's/salvage anymore- that was nerfed with S6 IIRC. And there aren't any DOFF's I can use since I don't need torp doffs and don't do ground with this toon.

hippiejon 10-25-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 6258891)
Cant buy set items with edc's/salvage anymore- that was nerfed with S6 IIRC. And there aren't any DOFF's I can use since I don't need torp doffs and don't do ground with this toon.

Lots of Doffs then
:D

thishorizon 10-25-2012 08:58 AM

you can "chokes a bit* turn it all into a liquid asset like dilithium, and then possibly zen if you need it.

this is a good move when looking at future big changes in a marketplace. liquidate some assets, and hold down the fort for a bit until you figure out what will be what.

have fun kill bad guys

decker03 10-25-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 6258891)

Sure you can buy set items with EDC up to MK XI, you never could buy them with rare/prototype salvage though. And it's not that DOFFs are only there for active roster powers, are they?

But yeah, just 1 word: Dilithium.

lordmalak1 10-25-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decker03 (Post 6259451)
Sure you can buy set items with EDC up to MK XI, you never could buy them with rare/prototype salvage though. And it's not that DOFFs are only there for active roster powers, are they?

But yeah, just 1 word: Dilithium.

Hmm, I'll look again as wiki still shows the 'old' way of EDC conversion to requisition, but I havent found it last couple months in game.

rdm1958 10-25-2012 09:37 AM

i'm playing it safe and spending everything before season 7. i have all the sets i need...for now anyway, so dilithium is probably what i will be buying and would recommend buying.

thishorizon 10-25-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdm1958 (Post 6259991)
i'm playing it safe and spending everything before season 7. i have all the sets i need...for now anyway, so dilithium is probably what i will be buying and would recommend buying.

this is not a smart move. unless you plan on not playing the game anymore.