Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Reasonable Request for Rep System Changes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=425761)

brokenmirror2012 10-25-2012 08:06 PM

Reasonable Request for Rep System Changes

Ok, now that im looking at it it seems like ALOT of dilithium, And it just seems like u /copyed the Fleet system.

Now Here are my sugjestions to make it less painful...

1. Turn it into a Fleet branch so fleet members share the same System or maybe each fleet member somewhat shares some of their progression making fleet STFing very effective which will encoruage fleets to work together.
2. Account wide. Or Semi Account Wide Maybe for every char you get up your entire account gets said boost. Like my Main becomes Lvl 2. The rest of my account becomes lvl 1. My 2nd char gets lvl 3 the rest of my chars, lvl 2, then 3rd char lvl 4, rest lvl 3, 4th lvl 5 rest lvl 4. So if i level 5 chars up in rep exponentialy, i will only have to lvl ONE level for all my other chars.

starkaos 10-25-2012 09:51 PM

Reputation is all about your character's reputation with certain factions so any help from fleet members defeats the purpose. The Fleet Advancement system is so your fleet can work together to get advanced equipment and services. Also since its your character's reputation and not your account's reputation, then it being account wide also defeats the purpose.

brokenmirror2012 10-25-2012 11:26 PM

Yes but the point is, This blows for everyone who has more then 3 chars. I have 8 VAs. Which will end up costing a very very large fortune to get up. Cryptic shoudl realize the ppl who have more chars are more likely to buy stuff from teh c-store, we need more services, cryptic should adjust accordingly.

And fleet kind of makes sense, if an american goes somewhere and makes a bad impression to a country, that contry will chnage its disposition of america in small ways. You still Represent your fleet, Your actions change how someone thinks of who u openly represet in small ways. If a fleet makes a good impression, people will think maybe more of X fleet is good like that, or a team of 5 fleeties makes a bad impression, the other fleet may think more of this fleet is like that.

atatassault 10-25-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 (Post 6269931)
Yes but the point is, This blows for everyone who has more then 3 chars. I have 8 VAs. Which will end up costing a very very large fortune to get up. Cryptic shoudl realize the ppl who have more chars are more likely to buy stuff from teh c-store, we need more services, cryptic should adjust accordingly.

And fleet kind of makes sense, if an american goes somewhere and makes a bad impression to a country, that contry will chnage its disposition of america in small ways. You still Represent your fleet, Your actions change how someone thinks of who u openly represet in small ways. If a fleet makes a good impression, people will think maybe more of X fleet is good like that, or a team of 5 fleeties makes a bad impression, the other fleet may think more of this fleet is like that.

There's nothing preventing you from setting up a bunch of alts whose sole purpose is to farm. Its a tactic used in almost every MMO.

starkaos 10-26-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 (Post 6269931)

The simple fact is that the devs have been stating that the Fleet Holdings are a group effort and the Reputation system is a personal effort. Therefore, the project requirements and cooldowns have been adjusted accordingly. With it taking a day and a half, people can work on one character one day and another character the other day.

atomictiki 10-26-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 6272991)
The simple fact is that the devs have been stating that the Fleet Holdings are a group effort and the Reputation system is a personal effort. Therefore, the project requirements and cooldowns have been adjusted accordingly. With it taking a day and a half, people can work on one character one day and another character the other day.

That's nice spin for time gating.

atatassault 10-26-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomictiki (Post 6273031)
That's nice spin for time gating.

The Devs want you to actually play the game. If you could max out the system in 5 hours, it would defeat the purpose.

bridgern 10-26-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 6273441)
The Devs want you to actually play the game. If you could max out the system in 5 hours, it would defeat the purpose.

Play what the same contant we play since a year.

markhawkman 10-26-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridgern (Post 6273641)
Play what the same contant we play since a year.

It's an MMO.... What were you expecting? new 1-hour story missions on a weekly basis? They'd need to double the size of the dev team for that.

usscapital 10-26-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 6275291)
They'd need to double the size of the dev team for that.

they say they have done that