Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Tau Dewa and Tour event... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=426221)

rifter1969 10-26-2012 01:17 PM

Tau Dewa and Tour event...

With the new sector block being introduced, does anyone have an idea if it will be included in the tour the universe event?

markhawkman 10-26-2012 02:25 PM

probably only for VAs... if it's included, but we won't know until we can go there.

lordmalak1 10-26-2012 03:32 PM

Since it's gated content I'd guess no.

markhawkman 10-26-2012 03:43 PM

I'm not so sure. After all, admirals must go through Borg space for tour. Lt level chars only need to do Sirius and Regulus.

Either way wouldn't really surprise me.

lordmalak1 10-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 6279001)
I'm not so sure. After all, admirals must go through Borg space for tour. Lt level chars only need to do Sirius and Regulus.

Either way wouldn't really surprise me.

We'll have to see if any of the new sector allows access if you AREN'T participating in the reputation system, just like starbases aren't accessible to those NOT in fleets. DS said people could 'opt-out' of the rep system if they chose to.

markhawkman 10-26-2012 03:54 PM

I'm guessing that the new part of Romulan space will be like Defera. Anyone can go there but certain features will only be accessible to VAs.

lordmalak1 10-26-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 6279191)
I'm guessing that the new part of Romulan space will be like Defera. Anyone can go there but certain features will only be accessible to VAs.

Access to Defera and Borg space came from scripted episodes, this new content doesn't.

rifter1969 10-26-2012 04:47 PM

Didn't Defera come from the Breen FE series?

I can see how it could be seen as scripted, but it was basically created just for that set was it not?

Gamma Orionis, that was part of the actual storyline from the beginning, so... I guess it should be part of the tour. Didn't know that only VAs can get during the tour. Actually didn't know that the tour was available to other ranks, and that they see different requirements... interesting...

But I was little bewildered about Tau Dewa. My original theory was that they (Cryptic) may have content for the systems in the sector, but only one will have the embassies. Like Eta Eridiani works now.

markhawkman 10-26-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifter1969 (Post 6279651)
Didn't Defera come from the Breen FE series?

I can see how it could be seen as scripted, but it was basically created just for that set was it not?

Gamma Orionis, that was part of the actual storyline from the beginning, so... I guess it should be part of the tour. Didn't know that only VAs can get during the tour. Actually didn't know that the tour was available to other ranks, and that they see different requirements... interesting...

But I was little bewildered about Tau Dewa. My original theory was that they (Cryptic) may have content for the systems in the sector, but only one will have the embassies. Like Eta Eridiani works now.

That is my guess, but we'll see. The galaxy map overview on Tribble shows an area the same size as Psi Velorum!

As for tour, your rank (Leuitenant, Lt. Commander, etc...) determines how many sector blocks you have to go to for tour.

AFAIK, Orellious was added at the same time as the Breen FEs but beyond that it's pretty much a regular sector.