O the Irony
It finally hit me. I have railed against the skill tree and its effects on science abilities from the time it was first announced and now it is clear to me.
There was a time, long ago that some of you may remember, when there was no 'Energy Weapon' skill but instead a 'phaser, disruptor, etc' skills before the revamp and F2P launch. But cryptic made a very wise decision and decided that it was silly to force a player to spend skill points on a specific weapon type. They wanted players to be able to use whichever weapon type they wanted! That was a very good decision and now we have what we have.
Back then though the science skills were much different. You see each (sci) boff ability was effected by a total of 3 different skills placed at various parts of the skill tree. This lead to not really needing/wanting to min/max for the boff abilities you would use and you typically had a fair amount of skill bonus to most abilities naturally. Kind of like how weapon skills are now actually.
Cryptic, why! I mean, you understood why a player would not want to waste a fair amount of skill points for anti-proton weapon skill when they may not ever use an AP weapon then why do you expect someone to do the same with say subspace decompiler?
And even better is now the new 'plasma weapon' skill is 'particle generators' although that is a positive I guess.
-Signed, a player who refuses to respec his toons to fly a Sci effectively.
I wish they'd de-nerf the sci skills. The skill points are also messed up as you mention, but frankly, it's pathetic that I can potentially be the most vital person on my team and do the least damage.
1) Make grav well really STOP ships. They keep going, wait a minute, then decide maybe they'll get sucked in. Make it hold them and crush them faster.
2) Make Tyken's Rift drain enough power so that when you're controlling a mob it starts draining their shields, weapons power, ENGINES, everything.
3) Does Viral Matrix even DO anything these days?
4) Inversion field (FIRE, freaking basic FIRE) and all other sci abilities cause borg drones to remodulate shields. I had to remodulate 5 times once, in rapid succession, so fast I was on cooldown with integral remodulator from a set!!!, because I was using sci powers. The worst part? It was all on the same damn drone! Firing off nonstop sci offensive skills did jack squat to it. Meanwhile, a tac can gain ungodly amounts of extra damage without remodulating, or can even go physical damage with melee or flying leap attacks, never needing extra remodulation. Engineers never have to remodulate orbital strike, or forcefield dome. Make all sci offensive powers PHYSICAL so they don't trigger remodulation, because frankly it's worse than a grind to run ground STFs with them.
5) So many other problems not worth creating a wall of text for.
I have no problem with the way the grav well works. I think of it this way. The well opens up and the ship is fighting to go forward slowly loosing speed and inertia.....at some pooint it either overcomes the gravity well or is pulled in......seems realistic enough to me. plus it does around 1k in dmg a tick.
Tykens rift is superb for controlling mobs as it is.........I use it with energy syphon as well as the innate sci sub system drain.....works wonders.
Viral matrix is a gamble but yes it still works. I dont use it any more as i have better builds that are less of a gamble in terms of which system shuts down.
I saw only improvements when they twinked the older setups to their current forms.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.|