Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Multi-Mission Science Vessel? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=427711)

mreeves7a 10-28-2012 01:31 PM

Multi-Mission Science Vessel?

I recently noticed that my Dual Heavy Phaser Cannons and Peregrine Fighters have a new ship type in their permissions, that of Multi-Mission Science Vessel. I'm guessing that this is the Vesta and I figured that it would have the dual cannons, but a hangar slot? That is most impressive. Cryptic, you may have just created the perfect ship for my playstyle. I thank you.

f2pdrakron 10-28-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mreeves7a (Post 6295901)
but a hangar slot?

I think they just lost a sale, mine.

burstdragon323 10-28-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2pdrakron (Post 6296091)
I think they just lost a sale, mine.

Not Mine, if it can turn worth a dime, I'm buying that.

shimmerless 10-28-2012 02:42 PM

You two spambox-lovers are exactly the kind of gullible player that's killing this game.

If the Vesta is yet another spam barfer then yeah, I don't know if I can deal with that and continue playing with a straight face.

f2pdrakron 10-28-2012 02:46 PM

My guess its a copy of the Corsair, down to its Eng layout so congratulations everyone that wanted Yet Another Cruiser, you just got it.

And yes, you can mount cannons and do **** with them.

dontdrunkimshoot 10-28-2012 02:52 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

hroothvitnir 10-28-2012 02:56 PM

Hmm its looking as though its gonna be almost a carbon copy of the Kar'Fi.
Not terrible, that ships an STF machine, but I was really hoping for a fed ship that actually turns. Anyway who knows maybe they gave it a 12 turn rate and told the klingons to take a hard ride.

The positive side is its now confirmable that it will mount cannons as they said and rather likely has some kind of hanger capacity. I really didn't see that hangar coming.

levi3 10-28-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 6296651)
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

I would prefer a 40k hull and a 12 turn instead - with 1.4 shield mod and dual heavies up front.

rrincy 10-28-2012 03:06 PM

calm down and wait for the dev blog next week , this could be an error for all we know
the vesta in the novel canon doesnt carry fighters , so it'd be pretty strange for it to suddenly have them

f2pdrakron 10-28-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrincy (Post 6296851)
calm down and wait for the dev blog next week , this could be an error for all we know

I checked, all Hangar with the exception of the Stalkers (that are Atrox locked) make that reference, it might be because the system is automated but if it is ... the Vesta have a Hangar.

Quote:

the vesta in the novel canon doesnt carry fighters , so it'd be pretty strange for it to suddenly have them
Apparently it does now in STO.