Attn Devs - PWE Marketing
This forum depicts multiple posts of dissatisfaction with your product.
This dissatisfaction has led to the notion of players leaving this game for others. Guild Wars and Mech Warrior appear to be the next destination for most PvP players.
Your forum post in reference to having a poll on "Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?"
Found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=379951
Depicts 8% of your players making demands for change to PvP.
More Feature Episodes 619 16.95%
- Exclusive to STO, retention on this is high.
More KDF Content 696 19.06%
- Unless I am mistaken, guild wars and mechwarriors do not feature Klingons so this is also in high retention due to it's exclusive nature.
More Fleet Missions / STFs 269 7.37%
- Again STFs involving bad guys from star trek is also an exclusive feature and retention is high.
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.73%
- Not even worth investing according to these votes, retention on this is also exclusive because other games do not feature a good foundry such as STO.
More Rare Ships 97 2.66%
- We have enough box ships thanks. Also a high consumer retention area.
Playable Romulans 1,117 30.59%
- Exclusive race to the Star Trek universe, and very high in retention for people to stick around for since you said they will be playable.
Improve Duty Officer System 73 2.00%
- Near perfect it seems, but seems very simplistic and exclusive to this game. Again you won't have trouble retaining these consumers either.
Improve Crafting 115 3.15%
- Star bases sort of address this to a degree with their unique equipment. So once again retention is high.
Improve Exploration 295 8.08%
- I saw the new sector block. So, I think this has been addressed and you won't have to worry about the 8% that participated in this portion of your poll.
Improve PVP 307 8.41%
- This however is in direct contention with other MMOS that offer a more stable if not renewed form of PvP that people are demanding. This item is 3rd on the list since the new sector block is already on the tribble server. Also, this is the only item you cannot make assurances of retaining due to the fact it is not exclusive to STO.
Cryptic/Perfect World Entertainment, you are about to lose maybe a minimum of 5% in revenue to Mech Warrior and Guild Wars for this quarter due to lack of PvP in your MMO. It's silly, at the same time very simple to address this source of revenue in your game.
I think I can say from a personal perspective to strongly implore you to make changes sooner than the current proposals you have made for PvP in your MMO.
The least you can do is invest time into fixing and balancing. This truly isn't as big as an effort to creating a New Home World for Romulans.
-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes.
Nearly ten percent of their player base doesn't matter!
Losing 1/10th of your income means nothing. Especially when your revenue is over all Toilet Level compared to others in the industry. Because well well They say so!
You think they'd realize that 8 percent of us, want to stay here. 8 percent of us, spend more money on Respecs alone to have a disproportionate effect on their revenue. 8 percent of us might be the pvpers.. but I'm willing to wager we give them ALOT more than 8 percent of their revenue.
At this point, just let them get buried pax. Let them pursue a revenue system that's quickly earning the ire, and hate of their consumer base with power creep with each lock box and pay to grind system. If cryptic wants to continue being Stupid and ignore us, then they deserve to fail.
Yeah, the percentage would probably be higher if people hadn't fled already to to the complete lack of support for the pvpers. Not even a word about where on the list it is. "No, we're so busy with s7". Then s8, s9, s10 etc.
Well said pax! A smart company would go nuts even if they would loose 5% of their player base or income.
Problem with cryptic is that there is nobody that can see the pvp potential in their management, their lead devs plain suck at pvp and also hate it. Better invent a weapon with 10 additional procs than improving pvp, right? At least you can one shot the Borg soon...
Cryptic hasn't gotten it and won't get it... They will kill pvp in the game and then it will be very hard, if no impossible to get it back. Also, pvpers are te biggest spenders in the game, not pveers. Why would you get acc x3 weapons for pve? Or whatever doff? Or for that reason any box ship? And why do we need to tell cryptic all those things? They should've known them already...
I don't see it that way. I just don't think that cryptic really cares about pvp in their game. The vision they have for STO obviously does not include pvp. No matter what they say, their actions speak louder than words or in this case broken promises. Any one of these seasons could have been pvp oriented if it was at all important to them. Hell, one of the seasons was SUPPOSED to be pvp oriented then it was sweeped under the rug. There history has blatantly shown their priority for pvp, and there present decisions show that this hasn't changed in the least. Bort has been our only ray of hope, but what there going to bury us in with S7 content is more than even he can fix. If none of this tells us their intentions and vision is for this game, nothing will
I also think marketing departments exceed the importance in a company than developers in MMOs. The idea of "how to make money" comes before "how to develop".
I have a hunch that marketing has no clue and that "everything is ok" in this aspect of the game. I am also hopeful that someone in that department will start asking questions based on the facts stated in this thread.
However, the likely hood of me being wrong is his high based on the status quo. But, as always voicing our convictions on this is welcomed on these forums as they are feedback nonetheless.
-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Heres an idea that just came to me, what if we start a movement asking all pvp'ers to start flooding cryptic with in game tickets to fix pvp? At worst it'll really annoy them but get there attention. At best, they'll listen.
I thought everyone knew how to skew these polls. I'll bet it's only one or two guys who did all those votes for playable rommies.
Besides, without an entire revamp of the game PvP is dead in STO- the devs have borked it up too much, for too long. STO wont survive long enough to fix PvP.
I voted in that poll. Somehow, I didn't see it as a "demand".
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 AM.|