Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Cooldowns on Boff abilites are longer than they're suppose to be (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=428431)

neok182 10-29-2012 08:21 AM

Cooldowns on Boff abilites are longer than they're suppose to be

For some reason today all of my boff abilities cooldowns are much longer than they have ever been, i've tried logging out, i've tried removing them all, also tried changing ships and no change. I've talked with members of my fleet and they've tested them and i'm easily getting 2-3 times the cooldown that they are

Directed Energy Modulation I
-me: 2 minutes
-normal: 1+ minute

Attack Pattern Delta II
-me 2 minutes
-normal 45 seconds

Beam Array Overload I
-me 2 minutes
-normal 30 seconds

Cannon Rapid Fire I
-me 2 minutes
-normal 30 seconds

Torpedo High Yield II
-me 2 minutes
-normal 30 seconds.

So um yeah, this is seriously screwed up. I've had 3 people in my fleet double check these for me and they've all reported those normal times, yet i keep getting these much longer times. it's very aggravating and making the game very difficult right now. since i essentially have these abilities only 1/4th the amount of time i should have them.

strangely if i use tactical initiative and they're above 30 seconds, they instantly drop to 30 seconds. and if they're 30 seconds or below it does nothing.

i also seem to be randomly taking more damage than usual, but it might not be related.

dalnar83 10-29-2012 08:29 AM

Uhm, untrained boffs ?

trek21 10-29-2012 08:43 AM

Hmm... untrained boffs sounds the mostly likely.

Tactical Initiative did what it did. It resets the timers to a certain percentage (meaning the higher the cooldown, the better... anything under a certain percentage gets no effect)

As for taking more damage than usual, maybe you're in a lower tier ship than you're supposed to be?

neok182 10-29-2012 10:04 AM

oh my god... i can't believe i was such a n00b.... not really sure how they lost their points, but yeah that was it.

ugh. i'm going to go into a corner now... lol

The damage thing was strange though. same ship, chimera, same setup but for like 20 stfs i was not really taking much damage, then all of a sudden i seemed to be taking much more damage randomly. but i'm assuming it was just me getting hit by something i didn't see.

misterde3 10-30-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neok182 (Post 6306571)
oh my god... i can't believe i was such a n00b.... not really sure how they lost their points, but yeah that was it.

ugh. i'm going to go into a corner now... lol

The damage thing was strange though. same ship, chimera, same setup but for like 20 stfs i was not really taking much damage, then all of a sudden i seemed to be taking much more damage randomly. but i'm assuming it was just me getting hit by something i didn't see.

Did you retrain them at any point?
When you retrain their abilities, the invested points are gone and you have to reinvest them.

buzzout 11-04-2012 03:01 PM

Well you're not the only doofus around here. After weeks and weeks of grinding and grinding and dumping resources into the star base we finally completed the tier 3 shipyard and I finally got my fleet defiant. When I took her out for the first time I thought...oh no! What a piece of junk! After reading this thread I figured I'd better check my boff points. Yep...they were all screwed up. I don't know how it happened but straightening that out made all the difference in the world. :D