Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   BOFFs or Skittles, can't tell (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429221)

commodoreshrvk 10-30-2012 11:05 AM

BOFFs or Skittles, can't tell
 
Alright I have not seen this posted yet. Forgive me if I missed it but the recent UI Update that signals us what quality our BOFFs are needs some adjustment. It seems to be heading the way of the burning consoles. I have not problem with seeing the BOFF text in purple for very rares when I get the BOFF paper doll. However on the left of the UI, the outer glow around the Comm Insignia is quite obtrusive. It completely obscures the insignia and the branch coloration and for very rares it appears as pink. I think it makes them look like skittles and is just terrible looking. I am not sure what it really adds so please revert it.

nicha0 10-30-2012 01:35 PM

It is pretty ugly, and not sure why it is needed, does anyone really care the rarity of their Boff? You have them set up for what they can do, a couple of slightly improved ground traits are meaningless.

azurianstar 10-30-2012 03:18 PM

^ Actually some people do care. Especially if you end up replacing them.



The BOFF UI Changes, this is something I been waiting for, for a long time. Though not too crazy about the colors on the tabs. Seems enough just to have different colors on the character page.


BTW, surprised some BOFFs are lower in quality. Like the Veteran BOFFs were regarded as Green and some Purple Efficient Saurians were Blue in Quality.

timelord79 10-30-2012 03:30 PM

A Saurian may be efficient but his other traits may not be of superior qualty, thus no purple.

atatassault 10-30-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 6321771)
some Purple Efficient Saurians were Blue in Quality.

The system is almost assuredly looking at the traits to determine what Rarity a commissioned boff should be (since rarity is tied to the container for the boff [that is, the commissioned boff icon], and is not in the data of the actual boff). So, If the Purple Saurian had one of its traits that would have been Superior as its efficient trait, the system sees a standard trait. So having only 1 superior trait causes the system to classify the Saurian as Blue instead of Purple.

azurianstar 10-30-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timelord79 (Post 6321941)
A Saurian may be efficient but his other traits may not be of superior qualty, thus no purple.

But if you know you had a Purple Saurian and it's not showing as a Purple Saurian, then it's misleading.

gpgtx 10-30-2012 07:40 PM

maybe they re-did some boff rarity?

atatassault 10-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 6324241)
But if you know you had a Purple Saurian and it's not showing as a Purple Saurian, then it's misleading.

I know, I'm just pointing out how it probably determines rarity, since before this update, it was unnecessary to tag a rarity to commissioned Boffs; it still is unnecessary, mechanics-wise.

markhawkman 10-31-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 6321771)
^ Actually some people do care. Especially if you end up replacing them.



The BOFF UI Changes, this is something I been waiting for, for a long time. Though not too crazy about the colors on the tabs. Seems enough just to have different colors on the character page.


BTW, surprised some BOFFs are lower in quality. Like the Veteran BOFFs were regarded as Green and some Purple Efficient Saurians were Blue in Quality.

um.... it is possible to find efficient saurians that are blue quality. I own a few tactical saurians that are blue and efficient.

I'm not really sure if anything has changed with rarities. As far as I know, the game DOES keep an internal record of boff rarities already. You can see it when you trade boffs for training.

canis36 10-31-2012 07:23 AM

I've never had a blue or purple efficient Saurian. All the one's I've ever had were green quality.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.