Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Disney buying Lucasfilm (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429301)

genhauk 10-30-2012 01:17 PM

Disney buying Lucasfilm
 
Breaking News from USAToday ... Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

Nuff said ... Star Wars has gone Mouse.

bitemepwe 10-30-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genhauk (Post 6319901)
Breaking News from USAToday ... Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

Nuff said ... Star Wars has gone Mouse.

Now, Now Mickey will show George how one really mechandized an IP.........:D

voporak 10-30-2012 01:29 PM

The Mouse Strikes Back!

markhawkman 10-30-2012 01:33 PM

U can haz Wolverine Vs Darth Maul?

reginamala78 10-30-2012 01:34 PM

Hey, maybe they're realize 'don't tick off your fans' and whip the IP into shape. They've done alright with Marvel. Could be a good thing.

genhauk 10-30-2012 01:34 PM

And what's this? ... from the article at http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sfilm/1669739/

"The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."

drogyn1701 10-30-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginamala78 (Post 6320151)
Hey, maybe they're realize 'don't tick off your fans' and whip the IP into shape. They've done alright with Marvel. Could be a good thing.

Exactly, they did OK with Pirates of the Caribbean as well (the first couple anyway), so I say bring it on as long as George Lucas isn't directing. Man has a genius imagination and comes up with some wonderfully intricate plots, but he seems to have lost his ability to direct and get the best out of actors.

So, brainstorm everyone! Who would you get to direct the next Star Wars?

I'd go for Ron Howard or Jon Favreau.

hevach 10-30-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genhauk (Post 6320161)
And what's this? ... from the article at http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sfilm/1669739/

"The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."

So, Truce at Bakura: The Movie, or prepare for basically the whole extended universe to get downgraded from C to N canon? Not that this would be a bad thing with as bad as some of its gotten over the years.


Edit: and speaking of what Disney did with Marvel, I'm really hoping they just start throwing money around to get the movie rights to the rest of the universe back under one roof. Just the X-men would open up so many awesome possibilities, seeing as something like half of the classic matchups were Wolverine vs. Somebody.

markhawkman 10-30-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drogyn1701 (Post 6320231)
Exactly, they did OK with Pirates of the Caribbean as well (the first couple anyway), so I say bring it on as long as George Lucas isn't directing. Man has a genius imagination and comes up with some wonderfully intricate plots, but he seems to have lost his ability to direct and get the best out of actors.

So, brainstorm everyone! Who would you get to direct the next Star Wars?

I'd go for Ron Howard or Jon Favreau.

I thought the fourth Pirates was pretty good too! Definately a new story arc getting started but not bad.

lordmalak1 10-30-2012 01:50 PM

Swell, 'Disney's Star Wars' will be on every DvD box now. Still not a bad payday, 4 billion for Lucasfilm, what did Lucas get for Pixar ?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM.