Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   My apologies... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=431701)

virusdancer 11-01-2012 03:54 PM

My apologies...
 
...to those KDF players that were in that recent C&H that were undeserving of my general comments in reply to the "gg" offered by others.

There were some good fights in there - off to the side - at the start.

Not all of the KDF were participating in the typical cheese spam which currently results in FvK queues as it stands now: 0 Fed 10 KDF

Sometimes emotions can run high, and it's easy to forget that not all KDF are the same - so comments really shouldn't be directed in general - but rather they should be directed at individuals. Because face it, they're ruining the game for other KDF as well - if not more - than they are for Feds. Feds can queue FvF to avoid it - the KDF would be stuck KvK... facing the same issues that cause Feds not to queue FvK.

So again, my apologies for my general comments - there were some fun fights in there. GG to those that provided a good game...

...to the others, well - I like posting on the forums - so I can't say what I think here. :)

houseofcritz 11-01-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusdancer (Post 6363361)
...to those KDF players that were in that recent C&H that were undeserving of my general comments in reply to the "gg" offered by others.

There were some good fights in there - off to the side - at the start.

Not all of the KDF were participating in the typical cheese spam which currently results in FvK queues as it stands now: 0 Fed 10 KDF

Sometimes emotions can run high, and it's easy to forget that not all KDF are the same - so comments really shouldn't be directed in general - but rather they should be directed at individuals. Because face it, they're ruining the game for other KDF as well - if not more - than they are for Feds. Feds can queue FvF to avoid it - the KDF would be stuck KvK... facing the same issues that cause Feds not to queue FvK.

So again, my apologies for my general comments - there were some fun fights in there. GG to those that provided a good game...

...to the others, well - I like posting on the forums - so I can't say what I think here. :)

What are you avoiding in F v F?? i was in a game last night getting GP for 35 sec, ams, theta, tric mines.. Dunoobs all other the place, its everywhere in the game not just k V f

virusdancer 11-01-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofcritz (Post 6363521)
What are you avoiding in F v F?? i was in a game last night getting GP for 35 sec, ams, theta, tric mines.. Dunoobs all other the place, its everywhere in the game not just k V f

Siphon...
Aceton...

I'd rather put up with the AMS, Theta, Tric, and Danubes...
...than AMS, Theta, Tric, AA, and ASD.

Yep, I'd gladly take having to face ADRs over ASDs and AA any day...

...which I think many would agree with. One can just look at the FvF queues vs the FvK queues.

xtremenoob1 11-01-2012 04:44 PM

Both sides are annoying to play. At the end of the day, implying one side is worse than the other is pointless because it's simply not true. Both sides can suck to play against, but what options are there other than not playing or trying to get private maps?

It would be nice to see more pugmades inside OPVP. Had a very fun match this AM with Qin and a few other KDF. Almost made me late for work but was worth it. Although I was da-noob held half the match ;]

snoge00f 11-01-2012 04:44 PM

Those who avoid FvK are the same dudes that would have avoided it 2 years ago because of the "OP" nature of the BoPs.

We all heard those arguments before. :P

virusdancer 11-01-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 (Post 6363991)
Both sides are annoying to play. At the end of the day, implying one side is worse than the other is pointless because it's simply not true. Both sides can suck to play against, but what options are there other than not playing or trying to get private maps?

Once again then, explain the difference in wait periods/number of folks queuing FvF vs FvK...

If the Fed stuff were as bad, then either they wouldn't queue or they would queue both FvF and FvK because it wouldn't matter.

That's not the case though...

...they queue FvF over FvK. Or they'll queue FvK until somebody brings the cheese, then they just warp, and the FvK queue is dead again.

By the way, my OP was a legitimate apology to the other KDF in that C&H when I lost it when a couple of the other KDF offered a "gg" at the end of the fight. I wouldn't have said anything, would not have felt the need to post an apology, if not for the "gg" - you don't bring that kind of cheese, end up spawn camping the other side with that cheese, and then offer a "gg"...

...there were some pretty nifty fights in that match - it was fun.

Then it was just... "yeah, duh - this is why you don't queue FvK" - but it was fine. Dookie happens. Then the "gg" nonsense... yeah, I lost it a little - and my comments were too general. They should have been directed - targeted - not some mindless AoE ranting rage... the other KDF in that match didn't deserve that.

edit: Course, the girlfriend just gave me a /facepalm when I told her what happened - she said it's just a game. It's funny how easily that can be gotten. Too many of us take this far too seriously...meh.

stevehale 11-01-2012 06:06 PM

Neither side is perfect but for what it's worth, I have to give the potential cheese edge to the KDF for the moment. Right now Leech is everywhere, Aceton Assimilators do things they shouldn't, Siphon Drones are ridiculous, Intercepters proc like mad and energy drains stack too well. That's without even mentioning Viral Matrix + Doffs and the fact that you can safely Tric mine the respawn point.

All that being said, not everyone flying KDF is doing this. Unfortunately some of these things are so out of control that it can be hard to determine who is douching it up and who is just benefiting through the luck of the draw in queues. Flying KDF side with people who run these things makes me feel dirty but flying Fed side against them leaves me feeling violated.

I hate how negative I've become over this game that has so much potential. There is a lot of serious meaningful work to do but Cryptic is so busy throwing out poorly designed garbage. They need to fix PvP and then get back to work on bridges or bundles like the DS9/Defiant pack. That looked awesome and I doubt my Galaxy Class/TNG pack is going to break PvP.

levi3 11-01-2012 06:51 PM

Don't forget in a couple weeks KDF gets something they Raged 50 pages deep a few weeks back - Feds having MACO shields and the rumor of getting plasmonic leech

well now they get MACO shields and plasmonic leech - when the feds were going to "supposedly get it - it was going to be game breaking and they were all going to quit

But now that the KDF gets it I don't hear any more "game-breaking" rants about it from those KDF players???

Guess its ok for KDF to be OP - but not Fed - or its a full on KDF rant fest.

jellico1 11-01-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehale (Post 6364801)
Neither side is perfect but for what it's worth, I have to give the potential cheese edge to the KDF for the moment. Right now Leech is everywhere, Aceton Assimilators do things they shouldn't, Siphon Drones are ridiculous, Intercepters proc like mad and energy drains stack too well. That's without even mentioning Viral Matrix + Doffs and the fact that you can safely Tric mine the respawn point.

All that being said, not everyone flying KDF is doing this. Unfortunately some of these things are so out of control that it can be hard to determine who is douching it up and who is just benefiting through the luck of the draw in queues. Flying KDF side with people who run these things makes me feel dirty but flying Fed side against them leaves me feeling violated.

I hate how negative I've become over this game that has so much potential. There is a lot of serious meaningful work to do but Cryptic is so busy throwing out poorly designed garbage. They need to fix PvP and then get back to work on bridges or bundles like the DS9/Defiant pack. That looked awesome and I doubt my Galaxy Class/TNG pack is going to break PvP.

--------------------------------------------

I agree with this post bit the current way things are
Done I'n this game make balancing near impossible

Every new power,ship,boff or Doff can undo 5 or
More past balancing issues .

SFC had a great pvp system that could be adapted here
To make balance possible and make pvp fun and make
Cryptic money and boost membership and playability I'n the game

As a GM. With 30 + years of experience balancing game
Things like this is what I had to do to make my games fun
Because if it isn't fun people won't play, that's what we see here

The first step to balance this monster is to use
The ship tier system

Lockbox ship----8 points
Zstore ship-------6 points
Tier ship----------5 points
Tier ship----------4 points
Tier ship----------3 points
Tier ship----------2 points
Tier ship----------1 points

Each ship I'n the game would have to be looked
At and assigned a point value because as we know
Some ships are weaker than others or stronger

Now you assign match points

10
15
20
Ect............

You can also limit the number of 5+ point
Ships I'n a given match

There are some ships so powerful they may be
Worth 10 points I'n this system

The devs should be able to take a system like this
Polish it up so fun interesting matches can be fought
Using many ships I'n the lower tiers as it should be .

Fleets usually have 1 Capitol ship and it's escorts

Not 5 Capitol ships with no escorting ships

A match should take 10 to 15 minutes before a side
Is eliminated as well not 10 seconds hard caps to offense
And defense can also be used

It can be done with a little effort and if $$$$
are I'n it for cryptic and using low point ships will
Put special effort into the forgotten low tier ships which
Would be a big bonus to the Zstore

bitemepwe 11-01-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofcritz (Post 6363521)
What are you avoiding in F v F?? i was in a game last night getting GP for 35 sec, ams, theta, tric mines.. Dunoobs all other the place, its everywhere in the game not just k V f

No doubt. Why all the KDF spam hate drivel and hints that spam is keeping the OP and other feds from the fvking pug ques?
Its a new STO baby. The fed gots spam too.
So if OP met some KDF spam users puging the ques they where probaly expecting plenty of fed spam and where deliriuosly happg when they met a team of feds not using cheese as well.
Everybody has cheese now.
Not using it is personel choice.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.