Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   'Assets Friday' (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=433111)

cerberusfilms 11-02-2012 07:06 PM

'Assets Friday'

Hey all,

So we were talking about the Foundry in the StarbaseUGC chatroom (I know, what a shock), and various ideas were being batted around.

There was one thing in particular that was suggested that seemed to resonate with people.

What if once a week, every week, the Devs added a random prop from the library to the Foundry. That way, we'd all be excited about this weeks new addition.

Or possibly 4 props are chosen by the Devs and put in a Poll on the Forums, the prop with the greatest votes that week is then added.

It would be a wonderful morale boost to us Authors, and slowly start getting through the assets request list, with minimal work required to do it.

Please do consider this.

Oh and thanks for the 3 Star fix :D

Your sometime 'loveable' Hell Doggy :)

nagorak 11-02-2012 07:11 PM

I'm all for it. But how about a new map on the last day of the month, too. ;)

castsbugc 11-02-2012 07:17 PM

your colors hurt my brain meat.

I have been all for a slow roll out of assets for a very long time. I dont need everything in one big season dump. Give me a thing here and there. And for the love of all that is holy STOP ACCIDENTALLY ADDING THINGS AND THEN TAKING THEM AWAY NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN.

(because so far I havent seen a bloody one come back after you take it out)

zorbane 11-02-2012 07:18 PM

New assets in any way is great

drogyn1701 11-02-2012 07:20 PM

I'm drogyn1701 and this is my favorite thread on the forums.

kirksplat 11-02-2012 07:25 PM

I think this is a great idea. Even if it was a small thing, like "Hey guys, here is a hypo to use in your missions," it would go a very long way. If the person who added one asset per week understood what we needed, then that would be even better.

We're not asking for miracles here. We're just asking for someone, anyone, to take a few hours a week to give us something to use. It doesn't have to be new or shiny. It just has to be useful, like a floor that matches an existing wall prop.

Please, please, please. We need stuff.

It would also be very fun for us to buzz about Friday's new prop and all of the ways that we can either revise our old missions to use it or use it in creative new ways.

We need stuff.

psycoticvulcan 11-03-2012 09:20 AM

I'm Captain K'mek, and I approve this message.

tiuztyr 11-03-2012 09:37 AM

This is a great idea! I think there are a lot of assets which the authors want but can't use at the moment. And not only props, but costumes, too!

I for one would like to get that TNG wall piece in an appropriate size instead of this tiny version that is in the Foundry at the moment. ;) Or simple stuff like more vertical force fields or invisible floors.

captainrevo1 11-03-2012 02:39 PM

good idea.

even if once a week is too problematic, a few every month would be fine.

hippiejon 11-03-2012 02:51 PM

I'm with any idea that gets us more assets to play with in the Foundry.
Like CaptainRevo said above, if not once a week , how about once a month ?
Surely twelve small assets a year can't be that hard?