Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Tractor Beam Repulsors (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=433581)

dalnar83 11-03-2012 03:35 AM

Tractor Beam Repulsors

So people, you like the new power of month ? :cool:

My Tac Nova can reach 12000 per pulse ? And what about you ?

dontdrunkimshoot 11-03-2012 03:52 AM

on my vet ship with 99 partial and no consoles, TBR2 fully tac buffed deals over 4k damage.

this is hardly the power of the month, people have been crushin folks with tac buffed TBR since at least the skill tree revamp.

dalnar83 11-03-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 6385821)
on my vet ship with 99 partial and no consoles, TBR2 fully tac buffed deals over 4k damage.

this is hardly the power of the month, people have been crushin folks with tac buffed TBR since at least the skill tree revamp.

You sure it is not without tac buffs ? :o Because my TBR3 base is 5700 with 4 consoles...

I personally think it would be wise for Starfleet to replace their torpedo launchers with standard issue tractor beam repulsors. Considering its such advanced weapon that it ignores shields and has the yield of quantum torpedo.

dontdrunkimshoot 11-03-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalnar83 (Post 6385851)
You sure it is not without tac buffs ? :o Because my TBR3 base is 5700 with 4 consoles...

I personally think it would be wise for Starfleet to replace their torpedo launchers with standard issue tractor beam repulsors. Considering its such advanced weapon that it ignores shields and has the yield of quantum torpedo.

not tac buffed its about ~1900. those consoles seem to make a HUUUUUUUGE difference. wish they made as big a difference on EWP3's damage. fully tac buffed and with 3 partical consoles i can get 1200 dot though, cant recall what it was without all the consoles

i wish torps were a viable weapon in game :rolleyes:

if tbr can deal that much damage, i really want to try out a 2 AtB nebula build now with TBR3. just... DAMN

dalnar83 11-03-2012 04:11 AM

Something changed in the last patch. It was not for me such high week ago when I bough Nova. So I expect heavy whine impact soon :o Also be warned about the potential influx of hate whispers :)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...BXhxLKZkJBz6AI

I have just 4 blue mk XI particle gens, 9/9 in particle and mk XII omega deflector.

I didn't use tactical fleet, with that it was 12200 or so...

dontdrunkimshoot 11-03-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalnar83 (Post 6385961)
Something changed in the last patch. It was not for me such high week ago when I bough Nova. So I expect heavy whine impact soon :o Also be warned about the potential influx of hate whispers :)

its actually been a few moths since i encountered a hull crushing tac sci, they seemed to have kinda died out. sci/sci with the right doffs finally started being recognized as being as good as they actually are i guess. they stealth fixed DEM, maybe something similar happened to TBR

dalnar83 11-03-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 6386141)
its actually been a few moths since i encountered a hull crushing tac sci, they seemed to have kinda died out. sci/sci with the right doffs finally started being recognized as being as good as they actually are i guess. they stealth fixed DEM, maybe something similar happened to TBR

It did like half dmg week ago, around 5-6k per pulse...not 12k...

havam 11-03-2012 04:28 AM

I m tired of the BS. I vote AB, DEM, get a radiation secondary effect for TB and TBR, broken buffed by NI to like 7 Tric mines simultaneous criting. Just for the lolz

stevehale 11-03-2012 05:28 AM

I've been using TBR1 for months to give myself breathing room in all the spam and track cloaked ships. Turns out I needed to do a respec and snag some new science consoles. It's starting to feel like you can't really do anything without douching it up, even by accident...

fakehilbert 11-03-2012 05:42 AM

This might explain why that one sci ship with its repulsors was eating my hull through my shields. (Way beyond anything I had seen before even by optimised bleedthrough builds.)