Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Tactical Jem hadar fighter build (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=434431)

kittichailuk 11-03-2012 04:19 PM

Tactical Jem hadar fighter build
 
Hello

After buying a bug ship im having real problems setting it up. ie which weapons to use etc, is using the jemhadr space set and polarans worth it? for the extra dps? or use my polarized distrupters that i was using on my retro defiant with omega set mk II or Maco full set

Im using it this setup

3 x DC MKII. either pol or P dis
1 x Photon MKII

rear
2 x Turrets MKII
1 x Photon MKII

using 4 x coils etc

Any help be appriciated..

adamkafei 11-03-2012 05:40 PM

by all means use polarons although for a fighter you likely want to shred shields as fast as possible so I recommend tetryons and go Omega set either way with 55-60 power (post boosts) as that gives you the most movement capability in the game

hereticknight085 11-03-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittichailuk (Post 6394661)
Hello

After buying a bug ship im having real problems setting it up. ie which weapons to use etc, is using the jemhadr space set and polarans worth it? for the extra dps? or use my polarized distrupters that i was using on my retro defiant with omega set mk II or Maco full set

Im using it this setup

3 x DC MKII. either pol or P dis
1 x Photon MKII

rear
2 x Turrets MKII
1 x Photon MKII

using 4 x coils etc

Any help be appriciated..

Don't mean to argue with you adam, but the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship was built for the Jem'Hadar set. You put those two together, and you have a ship that is just as nasty as the first bug ever encountered in DS9.

If you use a bug, use the bug set.

Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields
Jem'Hadar Neutrino Deflector
Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines

As for weapons? Use polaron. With that passive 7.6% bonus from the Jem set, AND the fact your polaron weapons can also strip buffs off a ship using Victory is Life, why would you not use it?

There is a reason that bugs were feared in PvP. Their only weakness is sci. With the way their BOffs are set up and their consoles, that ship can be a crazy thing to have to fight.

How I personally would set one up:

Jem Set for Shields, Engines, Deflector

Weapons:

Fore:
Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x4, OR Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x3 and Quantum Torpedo Launcher x1/Photon Torpedo Launcher x1

Aft:
Polaron Turret x3, OR Polaron Turret x2, Phased Polaron Beam Array x1 (http://www.stowiki.org/Phased_Polaron_Beam_Array)

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus

Consoles:
Tactical:
Polaron Phase Modulator x4, Assimilated Module x1 (cmon guys, you know you love that thing), OR Polaron Phase Modulator x3, Assimilated Module x1, Whatever Torp you have equipped Console x1

Engineering:
Neutronium Alloy x4, OR Neutronium Alloy x3, RCS Accelerator x1

Science:
Field Generator, OR Inertial Dampener, OR Power Insulator

BOff Layout:
Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2
Ensign Engi: EPtS1
Uni Lt: (Sci) HE1, PH2 (or reverse the two) OR HE1, TSS2 (again can reverse them), (Engi) EPtS1, EPtW2 (again can reverse them), (Tac... ok why would you do this???) TS1, THY2 (reverse if you want)
Uni Lt: (same as above)

I personally would recommend that you run the two Unis as a Sci and an Engi for good survival and utility.

THAT is a bug to fear.

As DOffs go, I would recommend you use a warp core engineer and a DC engineer, in addition to a technician for the added BOff cd reduction. And if you want to, you can swap out one of the TT1s for a TS or THY, and then run 2 conn officers (TT reduction and AP buffer). If you don't, then that leaves you two DOff slots to do with as you please.

Hopefully not too confusing. If you have questions, feel free to ask, and I will clarify.

kittichailuk 11-04-2012 12:53 AM

thanks guys much appriciated.

I will go to use the jemmy set with polarons :) and give it a go with the boff set up you mentioned :)

ill post how it goes.

Thanks again :)

abcde123123 11-04-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 6396311)
Jem Set for Shields, Engines, Deflector

Weapons:

Fore:
Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x4, OR Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons x3 and Quantum Torpedo Launcher x1/Photon Torpedo Launcher x1

Aft:
Polaron Turret x3, OR Polaron Turret x2, Phased Polaron Beam Array x1 (http://www.stowiki.org/Phased_Polaron_Beam_Array)

Devices: Subspace Field Modulator, Deuterium Surplus

Consoles:
Tactical:
Polaron Phase Modulator x4, Assimilated Module x1 (cmon guys, you know you love that thing), OR Polaron Phase Modulator x3, Assimilated Module x1, Whatever Torp you have equipped Console x1

Engineering:
Neutronium Alloy x4, OR Neutronium Alloy x3, RCS Accelerator x1

Science:
Field Generator, OR Inertial Dampener, OR Power Insulator

BOff Layout:
Cmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2, APO3
LtCmdr Tac: TT1, CRF1, APB2
Ensign Engi: EPtS1
Uni Lt: (Sci) HE1, PH2 (or reverse the two) OR HE1, TSS2 (again can reverse them), (Engi) EPtS1, EPtW2 (again can reverse them), (Tac... ok why would you do this???) TS1, THY2 (reverse if you want)
Uni Lt: (same as above)

I personally would recommend that you run the two Unis as a Sci and an Engi for good survival and utility.

THAT is a bug to fear.

Not really sure what is it to fear here... but I would not recommend APB2 on any day. Especically two copies...

Few examples for PVE.

-- basic witthout tac team doffs
TT1 CRF1 APO CRF3
TT1 APB TS3

-- all around with tac teams doffs:
TT CRF1 APO CRF3
TS1 APB TS3

or something like this:
-- drop APB for 2 x APO
TT CSV1 APO1 CSV3
TS1 TS2 APO1

eng + sci:
eng1: EPTS
eng2: EPTS RSP
sci: HE TSS (or anything else for that matter)

Ditch the jemmi set as it's useless... 10% lolaron dmg is good, but survivability s*cks, so you gonna be dead longer than alive. 3 borg + maco/khg shield is good enuff before S7. After S7 we'll need to rethink our approach.

gthaatar 11-04-2012 02:34 AM

Jemmy set is far from useless, but only if you spec into everything to do with it. Its shields and engines might not be on par with Maco and Omega respectively but that hardly matters when what you get offensively makes up for it. A fully buffed Antiproton Sweep behind an alpha strike using polarons breaks shields in seconds, and the Weapons power buff of the engines easily lets you put more into Engine power.

kittichailuk 11-05-2012 12:14 AM

At the moment im using full jem set and polarons.

Im killing enemy easily.. but as you said im dying a lot..

Do i have to use the whole jem set to get the extra polaron damage?

xantris 11-05-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittichailuk (Post 6410511)
At the moment im using full jem set and polarons.

Im killing enemy easily.. but as you said im dying a lot..

Do i have to use the whole jem set to get the extra polaron damage?

Couple things:

1) you only need the 2 piece for the polaron damage bonus, so you could still use a HG or Maco shield to help survivability. You will lose out on the antiproton sweep, which is nice, but its not a huge deal. In PvP, antiproton sweep is nice for killing BoPs.

2) Polarons aren't that great in PvE. The 7.6% bonus only applies to base damage, so it's a really small buff overall, and you'd be lucky for the actual damage increase to break even when compared to a more damage oriented weapon type like Disruptor or Antiproton. Also, the damage tac consoles are significantly cheaper, so it's not nearly as expensive to put the 30% MkXIIs on a Polaroid boat as it is on a antiproton or disruptor boat.

3) the best reason for actually using the jem'hadar set and polaron weapons is thematic. There are other set-ups that give you equal or better damage with improved survivability.

engineerprime 11-17-2012 01:33 PM

My setup:Engineer

Fore: 3x Fleet Polaron Dual Heavy 1xFleet Polaron Dual Beam bank
Aft: 3x Fleet Polaron Turret
Deflector: jem'hadar
Engine: jem'hadar
Shield:jem'hadar -- Maybe play with some other option here!?
Eng console: assimilated,2x neutronium and the ENHANCED PLASMA MANIFOLD
Sci console: field gen
Tac console: 5x polaron
Devices:Sub Space Field Modulator,Large weapon batts

LUS:Science 2x TSS
LUS:Borg Engineering EPS 1&2
Commander tac: TT1,APB1,APO1,CRF3
Lt Comm tac:TT1,CRF1,BAO3
Ens Eng:ET1

Doffs:
3x SDO's (purple)
1x space warfare +10% all damage output (purple)
1xHSO (purple)

The bug is new to me but this seems to work well and i like it, any opinions more then welcome as im sure it could be improved!!
I scored a 37599 hp kill shot on a borg cube 3 days ago with BO3 i like the punch it offers! The shields seem to be a weak point so that could be played with and it dose look awsome with the Aegis set!

OP?

Stuart!

sjokruhlica 12-01-2012 10:34 AM

Fore: 1 fleet polaron dual cannon XII [dmg]x3[acc], 1 pol dual cannon XII [acc]x2[CritH], 1 Pol DHC XII [acc][critH]x2. Quantum XII [acc]x2[dmg]
Aft: 2 pol turrets XI [acc]x2[dmg], one [acc]x2[CritH]
Deflector: Jem'hadar
Engine: Jem'hadar
Shield:MACO XII
Eng console: assimilated,RCS XII purple, Neut XII purple, and one armor/plating ( varies by situation, I have several. Usually a Tetraburnium XII purple)
Sci console: field gen XII purple
Tac console: 5x polaron XII, 4 purple one blue
Devices: Shield and engine batteries
LUS:Science TSS1, HAZ 2
LUS: eng , Emerg. power to shield 1, aux to structural 2
Commander tac: TT1,THY 2, APO1, CRF3
Lt Comm tac:TT1, APB1, CRF2
Ens Eng:emerg. pow to shields 1

Doffs:
Purple cannon energy weapons officer to reduce cooldown
purple projectile weapons officer to reduce cooldown
purple conn officer to reduce evasive man cooldown
Purple conn officer to reduce attack pattern cooldowns by 15%
Purple warp core eng to boost power on emergency-to uses.

I bucked the trend for all DHC's. Duals give twice the rate of fire of DHC's, meaning more chances to crit and proc. it's working well for me so far.I also went with accuracy whenever I could. I'll be replacing the XI turrets with XII's when I can get some with at least [acc]x2. And as much as I didn't want to, I went with the MACO shield over the Jem. I lost the AP sweep, but the Jem shields just weren't cutting it, capacity-wise.

comments/questions/ criticisms welcome.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 PM.