Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Why the heck (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=435411)

rodentmaster 11-04-2012 01:16 PM

Why the heck

Why the heck are there millions of militant evil Romulans, Tholians, and fill-in-the-blank on New Romulus? The Romulans and Remens on that planet all want reunification. So WHY are they roaming the countryside and trying quite repeatedly to kill any player that gets near them? Quite dangerous, too.

Further, WHY THE HECK do they have instant cloak generators on their person? They should not have this. They are not Jem'Hedar. They do not have shroud. Instead, if they take a certain amount of damage they cloak, and CONTINUE to kill you from cloak. You cannot target them or even see a shimmer, a hint of where they are. Plasma damage and other elements do not disrupt this cloak. Meanwhile they are shooting you repeatedly. I got killed twice by some stupid NPC that was cloaked. Why? There's no reason they exist. There's no reason they should be on New Romulus, let alone have BS cloaks that remain 100% effective at all times and allow them to return fire constantly.

On top of it, almost ALL of the "ground missions" (let's call them that) are tediously grindy. I don't know how long I had to wait to get 100% of my "bug spray" mission, but it was probably close to 20 swarms' worth. All the other stuff was just as grindy. And the fact you have to go to each transporter and store your pattern was an idiotic waste of my time. It's a site to site transporter, just throw us a frickin' bone and let us get where we need.

I really think it's a step in the wrong direction. It's more annoying than KOTOR1 in regards to ground missions chaining and spawning off each other. To top it off, most areas are locked off until you unlock reputation levels.

Which I will not do. I won't donate 1 iota of resources to the reputation system. They want butt-loads of commodities and dilithium on top of that!

It's a bad mistake, the way New Romulus has been modeled. I will not play your "make up excuses to force players to grind" game, and will continue on the few remaining avenues of fun in this game. And they are few and dwindling, I might add.

topset 11-04-2012 03:32 PM

It's amazing, I disagreed with almost everything you said :eek:

I can't wait for the new Romulan ground map to go live, it's the most fun thing they've added in ages!

And the reputation system looks good too, quite frankly I've run out of things to do on my main toon and this will give me some goals to work towards. Currently all I do is grind elite STFs for dilithium and level up more characters to L50... It's starting to get a bit yawn-worthy!

merloider 11-04-2012 03:50 PM

Here's my 'why the heck':

Why the heck does...
... General Duty Officer Recruitment now cost 1000 dilithium? (up from free)
... Common Duty Officer Reassignment now cost 500/600 dilithium? (up from 10)
... Uncommon Duty Officer Reassignment now cost 2500/3000 dilithium? (up from 50)
... Rare Duty Officer Reassignment now cost 5000/6000 dilithium? (up from 250)
Has there been a substantial gain in dilithium earned and an increase to the refining cap that I haven't noticed yet?

jackswaggert 11-04-2012 06:01 PM

Why the heck...

Did Obisek walk past me when I beamed down to New Romulus, with out getting down on his knees to thank me for helping him and the Remans?

sonulinu2 11-04-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merloider (Post 6406611)

Why the heck does...
... Uncommon Duty Officer Reassignment now cost 2500/3000 dilithium? (up from 50)
Has there been a substantial gain in dilithium earned and an increase to the refining cap that I haven't noticed yet?

Very much yes! +1

velktra 11-04-2012 06:45 PM

The "evil" Romulans are Tal Shiar operatives. They don't want help from the Federation (and probably don't want New Romulus to succeed).

The Hirogen are hunters. They're obviously there to hunt. With Sela gone, they have no reason to be nice to the Romulans anymore either. And of course they're going to shoot you. You're an enemy to them.

The Tholians are shown to be attacking Romulan ships throughout the Tau Dewa sector. Naturally they'd also be on New Romulus trying to muck things up.

There are some Hirogen that can cloak, like the Stalkers. The Tal Shiar is an intelligence agency, so they likely have their own personal cloaks too. The "always cloaked" thing is most likely a bug (they happen during testing).

Everything makes sense if you think about it. ;)

topset 11-05-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merloider (Post 6406611)

Why the heck does...

Okay, while I disagree with everything in the OP. This gets a huge +1 from me. They're ruining our doff system :confused: :(