Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   People stay in the respawn zone to shot people (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=435901)

dapperdrake 11-04-2012 10:46 PM

People stay in the respawn zone to shot people
 
My last PvP was really bad.
There was two guy are waiting for people and they were staying nearby the respawn zone to shot player who respawns. No way to defend because our system is deactivated for several seconds. But them, they could shout us. What's the goal? They made the game disgusting.
So I would like to know what's the counter strike against this kind of situation.

dalnar83 11-04-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapperdrake (Post 6409911)
My last PvP was really bad.
There was two guy are waiting for people and they were staying nearby the respawn zone to shot player who respawns. No way to defend because our system is deactivated for several seconds. But them, they could shout us. What's the goal? They made the game disgusting.
So I would like to know what's the counter strike against this kind of situation.

I'm sorry you experienced this disgusting behaviour. Do not be discouraged by this. Not every pvper around does this. Just go get some drink and wait till that match is over.

What disgusts me most are players who moan about empty pvp queues, afkers in pvp and such, and then go and make the gameplay experience horrible for new player.

Some even have the guts to beg feds to enter FvK in open pvp channel and then proceed to camp their respawn point :rolleyes:

snoge00f 11-04-2012 11:13 PM

Seems like they were tric spamming and probably using VM too.

The best defense against that kind of camping is to move as quickly as possible from the spawn at the beginning. So many guys tend to take their sweet time getting into the fight.

I see this happen almost always on the Fed side. On the Klingon side people move more quickly into the fight.

aquitaine985 11-04-2012 11:21 PM

The Impulse console might help (Universal console from the Gladius Escort) It's not foolproof but by the time you've shot forwards 20-30KM they've barely realized :)

Put an egine battery on at the same time and fly!

maicake716 11-05-2012 04:50 AM

what kind of pvp was this? cap and hold, or arena or kerrat?

devorasx 11-05-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maicake716 (Post 6412151)
what kind of pvp was this? cap and hold, or arena or kerrat?

If Kerrat then there is really no excuse.

captainmarvelush 11-05-2012 05:24 AM

This is why I avoid Ker'rat. I used to go there because it was a place where Klingons and Feds were supposed to put aside their differences and fight a common enemy. However, all it has become is a place for KDF to cloak and fire upon Feds, who have to fight two enemies instead of one.
As I dislike wasting my time, I now go elsewhere.

bitemepwe 11-05-2012 05:29 AM

[quote]
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainmarvelush (Post 6412501)
This is why I avoid Ker'rat. I used to go there because it was a place where Klingons and Feds were supposed to put aside their differences and fight a common enemy.

Ker'rat has never been a Co-operation Zone for the KDF and the feds.

It has always been a contest between the KDF and feds as to whom can finish the mission first set within a open PvP zone.

In fact the zone and mission is not even set-up to recognize and reward co-op play, much less sponsor it by its design.


Quote:

However, all it has become is a place for KDF to cloak and fire upon Feds, who have to fight two enemies instead of one.
As I dislike wasting my time, I now go elsewhere.
Or its become a place where the feds fire upon the KDF as they attempt to do the mission.
Its a open PvP zone after all.
Enter at your on risk.



On the OPs note, Spawn Camping happens in Ker'rat far more often than any where else mainly due to the "no rules" setting and the restart bug for the instance.
It sucks but not much can be done for it.

In a CnH or Arena, spawn camping has no excuse and is just a cheap tactic in my opinion.

mimey2 11-05-2012 09:33 AM

Agreed about Ker'rat. I spend most of my PvPing time there. It's free game for anyone, anytime. I've seen both sides spawn camping. Feds will do it to KDF, and KDF will do it to feds.

It's an open zone, and that's just what people will choose to do, in any kind of PvP.

starwrathforever 11-05-2012 09:57 AM

I suggest you a great experience. Go to Ker'rat and fight the evil Klinguns as if the existence of the entire Federation depends on you.
I mean, do your best and prove that you're not afraid to die because it often happens to we Feds.
Remember, when cloaking and ready to alpha attack the evil Klinguns laugh at you but if you survive and retaliate with courage, or die after a furious combat, they will respect you.
Then respawn on the Klingun side of the map and be ready to be vaporized by a trico minefield...very entertaining...:D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.