Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP Reputation Coming Soon! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=436661)

starcommando101 11-05-2012 02:01 PM

PvP Reputation Coming Soon!

Ahhh!
It is finally Starting! The Slow Rise of PvP!

America!

Geko said in the interview they removed the dilithium requirements with the rep system leveling.. They are planning to release it soon I believe.

carcharodon1975 11-05-2012 02:07 PM

With Cryptic's history.....I'll believe when it's actually in game,till then it's nothing more than smoke up our behinds.

praxi5 11-05-2012 02:11 PM

So are leaderboards and tournament queues.

Since June of 2010.

dontdrunkimshoot 11-05-2012 02:20 PM

sounds like pvp rep is next, with defera, cardasian and tholian later. tholian? you don't really interact with them, you shoot them. reputation as a menis to them?

i am glad to hear about the other reputation missions arent going to charge dil, that dil nickle and dimming that we were facing with that was bad.

the new passives for the current rep are a scary thing for pvp, i don't want to know what they will come up with for focus on pvp.

havam 11-05-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praxi5 (Post 6418951)
So are leaderboards and tournament queues.

Since June of 2010.

10000x this ^^

virusdancer 11-05-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 6419111)
the new passives for the current rep are a scary thing for pvp, i don't want to know what they will come up with for focus on pvp.

But can't you picture the following down the line?

The group of five that has T5'd their reps with 5-6 groups - where they're flying a Drek'Hi, a Warbarge, a Balaur, and two Ravagers...

...and seeing the guy show up in his brand new Sovereign ready to rock and roll.

Can you imagine the forum posts?

aquitaine985 11-05-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusdancer (Post 6419311)
But can't you picture the following down the line?

The group of five that has T5'd their reps with 5-6 groups - where they're flying a Drek'Hi, a Warbarge, a Balaur, and two Ravagers...

...and seeing the guy show up in his brand new Sovereign ready to rock and roll.

Can you imagine the forum posts?

Yes, ohh yes. :D

webdeath 11-05-2012 04:42 PM

:rolleyes:

He said that the Reputation system is where they COULD put a PVP reputation, same with Tholians, or others.. Not that they WOULD..

Learn to read between the lines. :cool:

starcommando101 11-05-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webdeath (Post 6420411)
:rolleyes:

He said that the Reputation system is where they COULD put a PVP reputation, same with Tholians, or others.. Not that they WOULD..

Learn to read between the lines. :cool:

Even Bort said he and the Devs were Developing a PvP Rep system.

stevehale 11-05-2012 06:36 PM

The word "developing" feels a bit misleading considering what he actually said was, "Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?" So sure, 'kicking concepts' could be considered an early step in the development process but I wouldn't get too excited.

If there is anything history has taught us about Cryptic and PvP, it's that you can't expect... anything. All they said is that they could do a PvP Rep system and they might, but there are too many other things they said they will do and haven't.