Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Explosive satchel asset (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=436821)

paxfederatica 11-05-2012 08:53 PM

Explosive satchel asset

I recently played the "City of the Polmar Ree" mission, and at one point the player is tasked with planting a couple of explosive charges. The assets used for the charges appear to resemble the explosive satchels used in several Cryptic missions.

Are the explosive satchels now available as assets in the Foundry? If so, which tab are they listed under, and what name? I wanted to use the satchels in "Ghosts of War, Part III" (and would like to use them in the upcoming Part VI as well) but was unable to find that asset under the Details tab (where I would expect it to be), so I ended up using some other, similarly sized object as a substitute prop. However I'd still prefer to use the actual satchel asset if it is available.

kirksplat 11-05-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxfederatica (Post 6422331)
I recently played the "City of the Polmar Ree" mission, and at one point the player is tasked with planting a couple of explosive charges. The assets used for the charges appear to resemble the explosive satchels used in several Cryptic missions.

Are the explosive satchels now available as assets in the Foundry? If so, which tab are they listed under, and what name? I wanted to use the satchels in "Ghosts of War, Part III" (and would like to use them in the upcoming Part VI as well) but was unable to find that asset under the Details tab (where I would expect it to be), so I ended up using some other, similarly sized object as a substitute prop. However I'd still prefer to use the actual satchel asset if it is available.

There is some kind of crate that has that explosive attached to it. Alimac had to hide the entire prop in order to use that part of the prop. I've never been able to find the specific crate with the explosive attached.

Maybe someone can tell us the exact name. It's another example of something that should have clearly been a no-brainer asset (especially with triggers) , but instead we got a crate with it attached to the crate.

paxfederatica 11-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 6422371)
There is some kind of crate that has that explosive attached to it. Alimac had to hide the entire prop in order to use that part of the prop. I've never been able to find the specific crate with the explosive attached.

Maybe someone can tell us the exact name. It's another example of something that should have clearly been a no-brainer asset (especially with triggers) , but instead we got a crate with it attached to the crate.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. Alas, that means the existing asset is unusable for my purposes. (I need to attach the charges to the power generators built into one of the Cardassian interior maps - there's no way I'd be able to hide a freaking crate inside the generators.)

kirksplat 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxfederatica (Post 6422441)
OK, thanks for clearing that up. Alas, that means the existing asset is unusable for my purposes. (I need to attach the charges to the power generators built into one of the Cardassian interior maps - there's no way I'd be able to hide a freaking crate inside the generators.)

I've seen folks hide it inside other large crates, but the generator has to be big, like a great big square.

It is really one of the most useful and versatile of assets, so it's sad that we don't have it by itself.

nagorak 11-05-2012 10:18 PM

It's listed as one of the store crates. I'll check the name later and get back to you guys, if you can't figure it out. I've used it before, but it's true you have to hide the crate behind a wall, or a door or something for it to work out.

jackdonner 11-06-2012 01:24 PM

Im confused. Are you just trying to place an explosion somewhere? If so, you dont need a crate to do it. There is an explosion fx that you can just tie with another trigger, whether its a console, or a contact.

zorbane 11-06-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdonner (Post 6428651)
Im confused. Are you just trying to place an explosion somewhere? If so, you dont need a crate to do it. There is an explosion fx that you can just tie with another trigger, whether its a console, or a contact.

He's talking about add the spatial charge prop object.

I think it's Store - Crate 04

ajstoner 11-06-2012 02:20 PM

What I like to do is use one of the "Flashing Light" assets (I think #2) that is about the size of a coffee can compared to the character. It is a dark cylinder with a small red circle in 2 directions.

It's about perfect for a reasonably small size and still big enough to be noticed.

A bomb of this technology level the size of the "spatial charge" asset would likely be for city-sized targets and up.

paxfederatica 11-06-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajstoner (Post 6429571)
What I like to do is use one of the "Flashing Light" assets (I think #2) that is about the size of a coffee can compared to the character. It is a dark cylinder with a small red circle in 2 directions.

It's about perfect for a reasonably small size and still big enough to be noticed.

A bomb of this technology level the size of the "spatial charge" asset would likely be for city-sized targets and up.

Hmmm... I may have to give that one a try. Thanks.