Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP Boot Camp: An Exciting Update (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=437641)

gradstudent1 11-06-2012 09:30 PM

PvP Boot Camp: An Exciting Update

Dear Fellow PvP Players:

I am thrilled to share that Brandon has contacted me expressing great interest in helping Boot Camp develop. Brandon and I are in agreement that this should be a community-wide project and involve as many people as want to participate.

For my part, I am currently putting together a semi-formal proposal that Brandon will circulate to the developers whose work overlaps with PvP.

While I work on this front, then, I need help from you in filling a few roles:

- Advertisers: possible jobs include creating a Boot Camp logo, contacting various podcast organizations/blogs, etc.
- Coaches: main job will be to teach new players who attend the Boot Camp sessions.
- Organizers: possible jobs include working with technology logistics, administration, etc.

Some of you have already indicated interest in some of these areas in the previous post , and there is no need for you to do so again. Once this list begins to fill out, I will post it in the forums.

Indicate which role you are interested in a response below. Also, if there is a role you would like to fill but that is not found in the list above, please just say as much in your response.

Fellow players, this is an incredible, grass-roots opportunity for us to partner with the devs to improve the quality of PvP.

pwebranflakes 11-06-2012 09:34 PM

I'm excited to be a part of this project and am very much looking forward to working with all of you :)

PvP FTW.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

icegavel 11-06-2012 09:39 PM

I, as an MMO player, have never really been one to PvP. It's just not my thing; I don't like it, it doesn't like me. This has been my status quo for some time. However, this game is different. Especially in space combat, STO has the potential to be a great PvP system if its worked on. I support this game as much as I can, and if PvP will help STO grow, I'm all for it.

You've got a recruit. XD

sean2448 11-06-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6439941)
I'm excited to be a part of this project and am very much looking forward to working with all of you :)

PvP FTW.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

it is patching again won't see tribble till tomorrow

sean2448 11-06-2012 09:44 PM

5193 the 8000 for tribble ya!!!!!!!!!!!

dalolorn 11-06-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gradstudent1 (Post 6439871)
Dear Fellow PvP Players:

I am thrilled to share that Brandon has contacted me expressing great interest in helping Boot Camp develop. Brandon and I are in agreement that this should be a community-wide project and involve as many people as want to participate.

For my part, I am currently putting together a semi-formal proposal that Brandon will circulate to the developers whose work overlaps with PvP.

While I work on this front, then, I need help from you in filling a few roles:

- Advertisers: possible jobs include creating a Boot Camp logo, contacting various podcast organizations/blogs, etc.
- Coaches: main job will be to teach new players who attend the Boot Camp sessions.
- Organizers: possible jobs include working with technology logistics, administration, etc.

Some of you have already indicated interest in some of these areas in the previous post , and there is no need for you to do so again. Once this list begins to fill out, I will post it in the forums.

Indicate which role you are interested in a response below. Also, if there is a role you would like to fill but that is not found in the list above, please just say as much in your response.

Fellow players, this is an incredible, grass-roots opportunity for us to partner with the devs to improve the quality of PvP.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

You forgot a role... :rolleyes:

gradstudent1 11-06-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalolorn (Post 6440841)
Hey! Hey! Hey!

You forgot a role... :rolleyes:

What is that?=)

mimey2 11-07-2012 12:26 AM

I don't believe I could fulfill a role or anything, but I'm at least interested, same as the other post.

Though if you need a Klingon to show Feds what to do and NOT to do in Ker'rat, lemme know.
:D

In all seriousness, I doubt I'd be much of a coach, but maybe a teaching element. Y'know, how to possibly detect cloaked ships and counter them effectively or something.

*shrug* Just brainstorming a bit, I'd guess this boot camp is about all areas of PvP, perhaps this is just a silly idea, but I thought I'd toss it out at least. Do my part in my own 'evil Klingun' way.

snoge00f 11-07-2012 12:33 AM

I'll keep pointing people to my link. I'll keep adding to it as well.

gradstudent1 11-07-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoge00f (Post 6441651)
I'll keep pointing people to my link. I'll keep adding to it as well.

Great. I have used this link before and find it to be quite helpful.