Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet Soveriegn & Excelsior (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=438281)

admiralandy 11-07-2012 11:52 AM

Fleet Soveriegn & Excelsior
 
Hi,

My fleet has just built the lvl 3 shipyard and there are no Cruisers made avaliable only the Defiant and the Nebula and various science vessels.

As the Metroen Gas cannister mentions it can be equipped on a Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit I have a few questions therefore.

1/ When is the Fleet Assualt Cruiser Retrofit due to be released.

2/ Will there be a Fleet Advanced Cruiser Retrofit?

3/ When/if released will these be put in at the lvl 3 shipyard to provide cruiser options which seem to be missing here.

Thanks.
Andy.

tom61sto 11-07-2012 06:20 PM

1) Whenever they feel like it, it's not on Tribble yet/again (it was in the list prior to S6 launching on Holodeck), so it going to be a bit before it's out is my guess.

2) Probably not, the Excelsior looks wrong to be fighting on even footing with ships so much newer.

3) I think it was either Tier 3 or 4 when it was on Tribble prior to being removed.

dalnar83 11-07-2012 10:05 PM

Fleet Excelsior probably wont happen. However the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit should have had Exelsior layout...

adamkafei 11-08-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom61sto (Post 6453521)
2) Probably not, the Excelsior looks wrong to be fighting on even footing with ships so much newer.

There is nothing wrong with the Excelsior fighting alongside newer ships, it seems to me it's the single most successful design in starfleet history, 200 years of its use says that, why shouldn't fleets refit it?

Personally I think the fleet shipyard should work a little differently:
Rather than buying ships for modules, there should be a limit (perhaps 4) on how many changes you can make to the ship choosing from a list of available options. Perhaps each change could cost 1 module thus retaining their 'value' and each change would affect something else such as:
1: Tac console would affect ship health and turn rate
2: Eng console would affect ship health, resists and (maybe) power
3: Sci console would affect shields, other science stuff and (maybe) turn rate
4: Turn rate would affect health (and vice versa)
(And many more I can't currently think of)

But I think that would work brilliantly allowing you to make a non-fleet ship into a fleet ship that does to the current ships as C-store ships did before F2P

dalnar83 11-08-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkafei (Post 6456361)
There is nothing wrong with the Excelsior fighting alongside newer ships, it seems to me it's the single most successful design in starfleet history, 200 years of its use says that, why shouldn't fleets refit it?

Personally I think the fleet shipyard should work a little differently:
Rather than buying ships for modules, there should be a limit (perhaps 4) on how many changes you can make to the ship choosing from a list of available options. Perhaps each change could cost 1 module thus retaining their 'value' and each change would affect something else such as:
1: Tac console would affect ship health and turn rate
2: Eng console would affect ship health, resists and (maybe) power
3: Sci console would affect shields, other science stuff and (maybe) turn rate
4: Turn rate would affect health (and vice versa)
(And many more I can't currently think of)

But I think that would work brilliantly allowing you to make a non-fleet ship into a fleet ship that does to the current ships as C-store ships did before F2P

There were many ideas regarding refiting ships much like the one your proposed. Something you would do as you level up. But Cryptic's tech does not allow that.

martakurill 11-08-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiralandy (Post 6448471)

As the Metroen Gas cannister mentions it can be equipped on a Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit I have a few questions therefore.

1/ When is the Fleet Assualt Cruiser Retrofit due to be released.

I beg Cryptic to please correct me otherwise, but I cannot see any solid reason as to why they haven't "flipped the switch" and added this ship to the game.

I personally believe that they might be thinking "Hey, the Vesta is coming out, we don't want to compete with ourselves for ships sales."

HOWEVER, as far as I am concerned, the customer base for these two sheets is mutually exclusive. I will purchase a Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit. I will NOT consider purchasing the Vesta. That ship, the Vesta, simply does not match my play style. It is a science ship. I like cruisers. So, please, someone give me another reason we don't have this ship yet! :confused:

dalnar83 11-08-2012 04:54 AM

If released, it will be probably tier 5 ship....so...far far in the future.

momaw 11-08-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalnar83 (Post 6455351)
Fleet Excelsior probably wont happen. However the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit should have had Exelsior layout...

Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.

cidstorm 11-08-2012 06:51 AM

In STO canon the only dictator of tech is size and shape. It makes perfect sense that some hoity toity Admiral would want an Excelsior shell with tip top equipment. Both of these ships need fleet versions asap.

baudl 11-08-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momaw (Post 6458831)
Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.

i know it is not the answer you expected or comment you wanted, but it has 8 turnrate. still low, but thats the reason for the weaker stats.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM.