Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Plasma Infuser and Plasma DoT (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=438851)

canis36 11-08-2012 03:23 AM

Plasma Infuser and Plasma DoT
 
Can anyone tell me if the Plasma Infuser console affects the plasma DoT for:

1) Plasma Energy Weapons,
2) Plasma Torpedoes, &
3) Eject Warp Plasma?

Thanks.

quiiliitiila 11-08-2012 05:03 AM

I know it affects the plasma energy weapons, and plasma torpedoes, but I'm not sure about the plasma DoT of said weapons or EWP.

Anyone else know? I'd like an answer to this as well!
-Quiiliitiila

notapwefan 11-08-2012 05:09 AM

this is eng ability and I don't think that it is effected by tactical consoles

canis36 11-08-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapwefan (Post 6458151)
this is eng ability and I don't think that it is effected by tactical consoles

Which ability? The character I'm using to play around with this (potential) build is an Engineer and I don't recall any of his skills mentioning anything about about buffing Plasma DoT.

misterde3 11-08-2012 05:38 AM

The Infuser only affects Plasma Energy Weapons.
For Plasma Torps you need the Ambiplasma Envelope tactical console.
Eject Warp Plasma is not affected by either of them.
For that you need the Particle Generator Science Console.

canis36 11-08-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 6458331)
The Infuser only affects Plasma Energy Weapons.
For Plasma Torps you need the Ambiplasma Envelope tactical console.
Eject Warp Plasma is not affected by either of them.
For that you need the Particle Generator Science Console.

Actually you would be incorrect - Plasma DoT whether it's inflicted by Eject Warp Plasma, Plasma energy weapons, or Plasma Torpedoes counts as energy damage so the Plasma Infuser boosts the damage. I just got out of the game after checking it.

Mind you, the Ambiplasma Envelope will boost the kinetic damage done by Plasma Torps and Mines and Particle Generators is supposed to buff the damage done by Eject Warp Plasma (haven't checked to see if it does, but I suspect so).

So anybody that uses Plasma Mines care to test and see if Plasma Infusers will boost that DoT as well?

seekerkorhil 11-08-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canis36 (Post 6468171)
Actually you would be incorrect - Plasma DoT whether it's inflicted by Eject Warp Plasma, Plasma energy weapons, or Plasma Torpedoes counts as energy damage so the Plasma Infuser boosts the damage. I just got out of the game after checking it.

Mind you, the Ambiplasma Envelope will boost the kinetic damage done by Plasma Torps and Mines and Particle Generators is supposed to buff the damage done by Eject Warp Plasma (haven't checked to see if it does, but I suspect so).

So anybody that uses Plasma Mines care to test and see if Plasma Infusers will boost that DoT as well?

It does.

And thanks to this fun mechanic plasma mines / torpedoes actually do more dps than quantums (when u use plasma infusers and plasma energy weapons).

I enjoy plasma.

canis36 11-08-2012 04:16 PM

Awesome! I'm going to be doing a bit of grinding on my Fed to outfit my Lethean's ships with Plasma weapons :D

Oooh! And with the new Science consoles in S7 giving boosts to plasma damage...forget Transphasics, Plasma is the way to go for shield ignoring damage.

misterde3 11-09-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canis36 (Post 6468171)
Actually you would be incorrect - Plasma DoT whether it's inflicted by Eject Warp Plasma, Plasma energy weapons, or Plasma Torpedoes counts as energy damage so the Plasma Infuser boosts the damage. I just got out of the game after checking it.

Mind you, the Ambiplasma Envelope will boost the kinetic damage done by Plasma Torps and Mines and Particle Generators is supposed to buff the damage done by Eject Warp Plasma (haven't checked to see if it does, but I suspect so).

So anybody that uses Plasma Mines care to test and see if Plasma Infusers will boost that DoT as well?

I've got no way to confirm or deny this ATM.
If it's true then it's awesome and I have to say thanks, learned something today.:)

bludagger 11-09-2012 04:20 AM

I run a plasma heavy build, since closed beta, and yes the infuser boost any plasma damage done by weapon, torp, or EWP.

the other stuff is stated directly about the torps and their consoles...

Plasma is a build some like, some do not. It is more a personal preference. Would I say it out damages any other build? Nah... they have those set pretty good right now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 AM.