Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Vesta Cannons Worth It (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=440201)

paxottoman 11-09-2012 09:34 AM

Vesta Cannons Worth It
 
Dual Heavy Cannons MK XII Phaser [Acc]x2 [Dmg]xlol drawing power from auxilery is very ideal for increased sustained DPS.

Although the Vesta may not be as attractive, but it would seem as though the cannons are worth it.

I will be testing DPS averages on a ship with 4 DHCs through weapon power drain, and then on cannons drawing power from Aux.

Also, if this was done for the Vesta, can we do it too for the Quad Phasers too? Currently Quads drain power from not only engines -10 but also weapons -10. Double edged fail, since well you may have already heard the arguments but lower engine power more difficult to get 45' arc on someone. Also, [Dmg]x4roflcopter is, well, exactly that, roflcopter fail.

Yes, I know it seems like I'm trying to take a mile when I've been given an inch, but it will be more reason for people to buy this item from your C-Store, so really you would be getting the 'mile'. Thanks Bran.

devorasx 11-09-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6480461)
Dual Heavy Cannons MK XII Phaser [Acc]x2 [Dmg]xlol drawing power from auxilery is very ideal for increased sustained DPS.

Although the Vesta may not be as attractive, but it would seem as though the cannons are worth it.

I will be testing DPS averages on a ship with 4 DHCs through weapon power drain, and then on cannons drawing power from Aux.

Also, if this was done for the Vesta, can we do it too for the Quad Phasers too?

Yes, I know it seems like I'm trying to take a mile when I've been given an inch, but it will be more reason for people to buy this item from your C-Store, so really you would be getting the 'mile'. Thanks Bran.

VM. If the VM hits aux, youre twice as ****ed.

paxottoman 11-09-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devorasx (Post 6480571)
VM. If the VM hits aux, youre twice as ****ed.

*Waves engineering team and inertial dampeners flag proudly*

When you're viral'd, you're viral'd. Engines too will effect your cannons. How many times have we heard the following:

"I can't turn, my eyes are cross eyed, that and I'm viral'd"

or

"I'm viral'd, afk 5 seconds"

and my favorite

"I'm lagging, send engineering team"

devorasx 11-09-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6480611)
*Waves engineering team and inertial dampeners flag proudly*

Ye true, but youre forced to use/commit ET when you dont want to, aka youre being controlled before something else nasty comes your way e.g sub nuke. When 2 systems are reliant on 1, youre very vulnerable.

shookyang 11-09-2012 09:45 AM

I think the aux cannons are only worth it if you are running EPtW or have aux/weapon batteries.

Otherwise, the lower power level will kill your overall DPS.

And you want the Quad Cannons to draw power from aux rather than engines?

In canon, it drew power from the engines. It should stay that way. The weapon comes on the Sao Paolo, and they don't have a whole lot of reason to be running high aux or sci heavy abilities. It was a warship, not meant for exploration.

paxottoman 11-09-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 6480711)
I think the aux cannons are only worth it if you are running EPtW or have aux/weapon batteries.

Otherwise, the lower power level will kill your overall DPS.

And you want the Quad Cannons to draw power from aux rather than engines?

In canon, it drew power from the engines. It should stay that way. The weapon comes on the Sao Paolo, and they don't have a whole lot of reason to be running high aux or sci heavy abilities. It was a warship, not meant for exploration.

Well on the MVAE, you can run weapons and aux. Since you really don't need engine power on a ship that moves just as fast as a bugship with low engine power.

So really, that particular ship will make this a successful run.

Canon? Since when was anything about this game Canon? Dudes running down ESD with a spider running after them is canon? Let's not open the canon can of worms lol.

Premades with Tholian, Cardassian, Ferengi, Jem Hadar ships is hardly 'canon' I don't see why this is any different to change.

But as I said, running high auxillery on the MVAE is possibly the more worth while thing.

I will be testing it regardless, and let you guys know if you should buy it. I do not work for Cryptic/PWE.

houseofcritz 11-09-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6480461)
Dual Heavy Cannons MK XII Phaser [Acc]x2 [Dmg]xlol drawing power from auxilery is very ideal for increased sustained DPS.

Although the Vesta may not be as attractive, but it would seem as though the cannons are worth it.

I will be testing DPS averages on a ship with 4 DHCs through weapon power drain, and then on cannons drawing power from Aux.

Also, if this was done for the Vesta, can we do it too for the Quad Phasers too? Currently Quads drain power from not only engines -10 but also weapons -10. Double edged fail, since well you may have already heard the arguments but lower engine power more difficult to get 45' arc on someone. Also, [Dmg]x4roflcopter is, well, exactly that, roflcopter fail.

Yes, I know it seems like I'm trying to take a mile when I've been given an inch, but it will be more reason for people to buy this item from your C-Store, so really you would be getting the 'mile'. Thanks Bran.

wouldnt it be better to only test 3 DHCs since you can only have 3 aux ones on the vesta??

evilito8 11-09-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6480791)
Well on the MVAE, you can run weapons and aux. Since you really don't need engine power on a ship that moves just as fast as a bugship with low engine power.

So really, that particular ship will make this a successful run.
.

Aux cannons are now vesta restricted. FYI

sfhq 11-09-2012 10:29 AM

Its going to be worth it for a select few who can time their Science abilities with the cannons not firing for max (or close to max) aux power, and then back to cannons firing while their sci abilities recharge.

For a lot though, it's an absolutly horrid combination since we'll have people treating those cannons as I WIN slots and be shooting far less powerful science/aux dependent abilities while those cannons drain the life out of that aux power. Some too will probably keep power in the weapons too further reducing the power to aux.

paxottoman 11-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilito8 (Post 6481291)
Aux cannons are now vesta restricted. FYI

Well that's just great... They killed it now. I think this thread might undo that? Or did that happen after this thread happened? LoL I'd laugh really hard if that was the case.

"Pax got an idea, quick nerf it more" -Devs

Alright well, I guess that's that then... The ship does look nice though..

Sorry guys, I wish I could experiment with this ship and what it has to offer. Hopefully they'll unbound them cannons.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.