Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Tier 2 Romulan Rep (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=440291)

azurianstar 11-09-2012 10:55 AM

Tier 2 Romulan Rep

Just unlocked the Tier 2 Romulan Reputation.

Found the +30 Into Shields (making my shields 146 in skill) to be a disappointment with it only adding 600HPs to the MK12 MACO Shield (with a Rare MK12 Shield Console). Given the commitment players make with the reputation, seems imbalanced compared to the other choice of the +3% Critical to Space Weapons. Suggest this gets boosted more.

Mountain Base:

Fast mission.

Voice Over volume was too weak, suggest increasing the volume more.

The final battle needs more excitement, seems just you're just getting spammed by 3 groups of NPCs. This is a base, why not add some Large Turrets for long range support somewhat similar to the Tracking weapons in Enter the Hive.

And whats the point to the Scattering Field console? Needs somekind of function in regards to the storyline.

When turning in the mission, its says we "captured" the commander, yet while playing it seemed like we killed him. So this point needs to be addressed from a storytelling perspective.

nicha0 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

I think they need to be careful about making more super tanks with the stacking benefits of shields through the entirety of both systems.

azurianstar 11-09-2012 11:44 AM

I don't think with both the Romulan and Omega reputation, pluse the new equipment, could make a superior tank given the results are weak. The days of tanking Cruisers are long over.

I'm honeslty more concerned about the two 3% Critical Hit boosts, they are far more signifcant in battles.

futurepastnow 11-09-2012 04:41 PM

A +30 to shields is effectively an extra .1 shield modifier for all of your ships, to put it into perspective.

azurianstar 11-09-2012 05:38 PM

So you really think that +30 is more worth it than the %3 Critical Hit chance?

hroothvitnir 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

The shield boost is negligible, the real benefit you get from that perk is increased heals from TSS and Extend shields. Which has the side effect of only really being worth it to dedicated healers or support tanks. where almost every one else ever will gain a benefit from more crits. I think the issue is some skills scale poorly end game. Add 30 to your starship weapon skill and its worth a decent amount, all those extra few points add up rather fast with a rapid fire rate. Shield heal boost not so much as its used far less frequently, and runs for a small number. Add to it again that 3% crit boost is acctually rather strong as a CritH x3 weap only gives that weap a 6% boost and the crit passive aplies 1.5 CritH mods to all weapons.

vestereng 11-09-2012 06:54 PM

The things that could have made the adventure zone special is unique items or great story.

I played the mission after unlocking tier 1, "go click on 6 containers", and it was just insulting.
The very first thing I thought to myself was "this is certainly worthy of an admiral's attention, what I am mopping the floor next?".

And about shields, I always totally ignore ground shields as there are too many npc abilities that just clean wipe them anyway.
Not that I care greatly about my crit chance either :rolleyes:

I'd much rather be given a new ability or item with an animation.

And so, so far the most exciting part about season 7 is the bug sprays; you get them for free, they have an animation and they have no cooldown.
I definitely plan on going to new romulus just to fill all my bridge officers inventory up and watch the fun unfold.
Then I will place my boff in front of the transporter pad there and go afk for the next 2 days until the next gate.

The idea of breeding pets is potentially great, only they don't do anything. Why I rather spend days just to start the whole thing, or, spend 50 k EC's on the exchange for another useless pet ?

I look at all of season 7 as a sideline project running next to my actual gameplay, only problem is they took that away when they killed stf :/

I never tried a game before that blocked me from putting in work at my convinience so I don't know how I will take it but we will see

bareel 11-09-2012 07:56 PM

Shield skill mod does not stack with console mod. They are independent. I shall do a post showing the benefits an average ship would receive from the perks and lets just say many are borderline worthless.

To put it into context, the 3% crit will translate to around a 2% overall DPS increase for most toons. +30 shield skill translates into 9% more base shield but that is not in perspective. For a toon with maxed skill and a single console they go from a 48% increase from base to a 57% increase from base or a 6% increase to total shield capacity in standard conditions.

azurianstar 11-09-2012 08:20 PM

By all means, do post the numbers.

But since that character is spected into Cruiser Tanking, it really isn't look like a viable skill to invest in.