Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Season 7 Foundry Heads-up (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=440331)

pwebranflakes 11-09-2012 12:04 PM

Season 7 Foundry Heads-up
 
Hi Foundry Authors!

As we move closer to the launch of Season 7, the team and I wanted to give you all a heads up on some Foundry-related items:
1) At the time Season 7 launches, the editing tool for the Foundry, as well as being able to play missions, will be disabled as previous missions are republished -- we expect this editing downtime to last only a short while. Republishing will be an automatic process.

2) Foundry spotlighted missions will return once editing/ playing comes back up, including having their own billing in the Mission Journal! If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.

3) As you may have seen from the Tribble patch notes, we've made a change to how the Foundry Daily works. Zero posted more information here.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

cerberusfilms 11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully this'll be the fastest foundry down time yet... :P

kirksplat 11-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.
hmm... that sounds rather ominous.

stoleviathan99 11-09-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 6483211)
hmm... that sounds rather ominous.

We saw part of those briefly on Tribble, I think.

It's probably just:

An extra round of EULA qualifications.

Maybe agreeing to let Cryptic copy/archive a non-editable version for the Spotlight version.

alimacthirty 11-09-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6482711)
If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.

What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.

tobar26th 11-09-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 (Post 6483281)
We saw part of those briefly on Tribble, I think.

It's probably just:

An extra round of EULA qualifications.

Maybe agreeing to let Cryptic copy/archive a non-editable version for the Spotlight version.

I would imagine this is very much it, a limited release of the content and ideas to Cryptic for much what you imply.

pwebranflakes 11-09-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 (Post 6483281)
We saw part of those briefly on Tribble, I think.

It's probably just:

An extra round of EULA qualifications.

Maybe agreeing to let Cryptic copy/archive a non-editable version for the Spotlight version.

Pretty much this :) Nothing too crazy. If you click the "submit mission to be spotlighted" button on Tribble, you'll see what they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alimacthirty (Post 6483891)
What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.

Ah, that's right. The first couple had direct communication with me through social media or through my email. If that's the case, you'll get an email from me, but it will be created through the ticketing system :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

soriedem 11-09-2012 01:31 PM

Unholy Alliances I was spotlighted and brought over from tribble. will that be included as well?

I didn't get a ticket either.

alimacthirty 11-09-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6484141)
Ah, that's right. The first couple had direct communication with me through social media or through my email. If that's the case, you'll get an email from me, but it will be created through the ticketing system

Thank you :)

pwebranflakes 11-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soriedem (Post 6484241)
Unholy Alliances I was spotlighted and brought over from tribble. will that be included as well?

I didn't get a ticket either.

I'll be reaching out to all past spotlighted authors listed here :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.