Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Breen Ally with the KDF? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=441941)

lincolninspace 11-11-2012 10:32 AM

Breen Ally with the KDF?

I just thought I would put this out there, of the playable KDF factions I only like the Gorn and Naussicans and I have always loved the breen they have cool costumes and ships and much of their mythology is yet unexplored so this game could have fun with that. I know the KDF have been enemies with them on several occasions but they make powerful allies they destroyed starfleet headquarters during the dominion war http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Breen. I think having their race and ships playable would really spice up the KDF!

trek21 11-11-2012 03:33 PM

It might be possible, but only if the KDF get something out of it. They were trading partners with the Romulans after all, even though they couldn't stand them.

If we go by the Breen FE's, the KDF think something similar of the Breen. They're ruthless and pragmatic, yes, but they have no honor... not to mention our officers were surprised any Breen was capable of reason.

On it's own, it's unlikely. If there's something to be gained (like cold weaponry and tech), then it'd be much more understandable :) Though I admit, I don't see what the Breen would gain from this, or even if they'd agree... we did stop them cold from getting Preserver tech (pun intended).

psycoticvulcan 11-11-2012 04:35 PM

I think the Breen would better fit in with the Romulans (the militant ones, that is).

lordrezeon 11-11-2012 08:08 PM

They could always go with the Gorn and Nausican solution and simply have the Klingons conquer the Breen and bring them into the fold that way. With the Klingons treaty with the Deferi it would give them the perfect excuse to do it.

foundrelic 11-11-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordrezeon (Post 6511181)
They could always go with the Gorn and Nausican solution and simply have the Klingons conquer the Breen and bring them into the fold that way. With the Klingons treaty with the Deferi it would give them the perfect excuse to do it.

The Breen wouldn't fold.

Hell the Breen "Homeworld" is still unknown to the alpha/beat quadrant powers.

The Confederacy is EXTREMELY protective of their homeworld (again to the point of it only being referenced in rumors by Non-Breen) and their military power is NOT something to be taken lightly.

If the Klingons were to try to take the Breen by force they'd lose more than they'd gain.

gaalom 11-11-2012 11:35 PM

Like one poster already said the Breen wouldn't fold, me personally I would like to wipe theme all out from existence.

reginamala78 11-12-2012 01:32 AM

Plus the Klingons are more-or-less at a standstill with the Federation, plus keeping reserves for dealing with Borg, the Romulans, and intra-House battles. What would they fight the Breen WITH?

adon333 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

AWE-SOME IDEA. Cryptic would only have to add one new skin... and like 2 new ships and they could<would I should say> def. charge for all of it.. so that even makes it feasible. Plus Breen would be fun to play as. Hell theyve already totally ruined this game as far as the IP is concerned.... the damage has been done already 300 times over, no point trying to put a bandaid on chainsaw wound, might as well add em.

lordmalak1 11-13-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek21 (Post 6509101)
It might be possible, but only if the KDF get something out of it. They were trading partners with the Romulans after all, even though they couldn't stand them.

If we go by the Breen FE's, the KDF think something similar of the Breen. They're ruthless and pragmatic, yes, but they have no honor... not to mention our officers were surprised any Breen was capable of reason.

On it's own, it's unlikely. If there's something to be gained (like cold weaponry and tech), then it'd be much more understandable :) Though I admit, I don't see what the Breen would gain from this, or even if they'd agree... we did stop them cold from getting Preserver tech (pun intended).

I always did like that Breen cruiser, paired with the Klingons loathing of humans the Breen would make a great ally.

amosov78 11-13-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foundrelic (Post 6511941)
Hell the Breen "Homeworld" is still unknown to the alpha/beat quadrant powers.

Except the Cardassians had/have an embassy on the Breen homeworld, as mentioned in the DS9 episode "Return to Grace".

Most of the mystery about the Breen is purely for the viewer. It's why we don't get to see what they look like under their refrigeration suits, even though there have been instances where characters in the show must have at least got an idea of how they appear under those suits.