Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Problem collecting rewards on DOFF missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=442191)

velktra 11-11-2012 07:52 PM

Problem collecting rewards on DOFF missions

I've been running DOFF missions pretty constantly for the dilithium (doesn't give much but every little bit helps), and I've run into an unusual problem that I haven't seen before. I can't collect the rewards on the last mission left in the "completed assignment" list. I always have one mission sitting there that I simply cannot collect my rewards from.

I can be patient and wait for a fix, but I thought I should at least let you know. ;)

corgatag 11-11-2012 08:00 PM

Things to check for:
1) The mission is awarding you DOFF(s), and you don't have room in your roster
2) The mission is awarding you Prisoner(s), and you don't have room in your brig
3) The mission is awarding you item(s), and you don't have room in your inventory

Usually, if this is the case, you will get a red message across the middle of your screen when you try to collect the rewards. Just wait for the old messages to clear out, then try collecting the reward again.

defalus 11-11-2012 08:03 PM

What mission is stuck? Maybe it grants a reward or has a chance to grant a reward that you can't accept because you have no room such as a prisoner or colonist.

Edit: Ninja'd... and it took me 3 whole minutes to write the above, time for bed.

velktra 11-11-2012 08:46 PM

It's a different mission every time and has nothing to do with room in my roster, brig, or inventory. My roster and inventory have empty spaces, and I have no prisoners in my brig at all.

It makes no difference which mission it is. Whichever one is the last one I get to is the one that gets stuck.

I'm not getting any error messages or "you don't have room" messages. The button simply does nothing at all.

markhawkman 11-12-2012 07:43 AM

what's the mission and what are the rewards?

velktra 11-12-2012 11:35 AM

I told you already, it is different every time. Different mission, different rewards. It has nothing to do with the rewards!

Yesterday it was one of the "obtain turret prototype" missions. Plenty of space in my inventory and it would not resolve.

Then it was one that only gives dilithium and experience (which doesn't require inventory space).

Today it's "confiscate contraband from crew". Again, plenty of space.

Stop asking about the rewards. It is not related to the rewards.

abcde123123 11-13-2012 02:56 PM

My guess dil reward is a special transaction with a game server. And game server being laggy as god knows what, and generally screwed in every other way. So there's a delay for that dil granting transaction and another transaction updating your doff mission list. Sometimes it's just takes forever, or server did not process it at all.

It normally takes me 5 clicks to activate single copy of TT in battle, because of the same lag issues, and here you are complaining about doff assignments :)