Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Organized PvP Moderator Reappointments (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=443231)

paxottoman 11-13-2012 07:52 AM

Organized PvP Moderator Reappointments

Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
Kedric of S.O.B.
Thales of Show Me Your Critz
Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
Hilbert of TSI
Pug of Federation Emergency Services
Anathosion of Sad Pandas
Illusion of ISC
Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
Gallileos - 106th
Damian - Show Me Your Critz

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.

houseofcritz 11-13-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6529801)
Organized PvP Channel

This channel has aged so much that now not only the creator of the channel is long gone, but the last admin, Aytanhi is also gone with no desire to return is what I understand from other TSI members.

In the interest of maintaining the channel, and keeping it clean, we need new moderators since we cannot get new admins.

I am not sure if admins can appoint moderators. However, even the last moderators Sivar and Minimax are now either inactive most of the time due to other life obligations or have left to play other games.

I kindly ask to consider the following recommendations for moderator status on the following people:

Hank of Turkish RP Heroes - Inner Circle
Kedric of S.O.B.
Thales of Show Me Your Critz
Sibok of X-Treme - TSI
Hilbert of TSI
Pug of Federation Emergency Services
Anathosion of Sad Pandas
Illusion of ISC
Yoda - Turkish RP Heroes - Devils Rejects
Gallileos - 106th
Talon Jonas-

These guys have demonstrated on most occasions an impartial attitude towards all. Although I have not discussed it with them personally, I think they would be the best candidates based on the aforementioned most important fact about being impartial. Also, their active status, and their time zones of activity also attributes my nomination. All of these guys are part of a PvP fleet, and have extensive relationships with other PvP fleets.

If we can get Aytanhi on the horn to make this possible, it would be in the best interest to sustain what's left of a PvP community.

If not, I can see the creation of a new channel in the near foreseeable future.

I added a name you somehow forgot. :)

sophlogimo 11-13-2012 08:07 AM

That list does look good, but shouldn't you have talked to them before mentioning them as candidates, Pax? ^^

devorasx 11-13-2012 08:10 AM

I have admin for that channel.

Only problem is that when people become muted or banned, they become so permantly.
Dunno if this issue is with all channels.

Edit: Aythani can come on to give op`s.

paxottoman 11-13-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophlogimo (Post 6530201)
That list does look good, but shouldn't you have talked to them before mentioning them as candidates, Pax? ^^

I'm going to be sending them the URL to this forum thread. At that point it's up to them. We still do not know if Aytanhi will be able to do this for us or not.

houseofcritz 11-13-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devorasx (Post 6530301)

Only problem is that when people become muted or banned, they become so permantly.

Edit: Aythani can come on to give op`s.

Yea its like that with all the channels and its been like that for months now..

devorasx 11-13-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofcritz (Post 6530401)
Yea its like that with all the channels and its been like that for months now..

Then i dont see the point in creating a new channel when we alredy have one.

paxottoman 11-13-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devorasx (Post 6530301)

I suffered this the most. The channel itself is bugged. Aytanhi worked on it extensively, and I thank him for it. Whenever someone else is muted, I get muted as well and the mods/admins often have trouble unmuting me.

Can you appoint moderators?

paxottoman 11-13-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devorasx (Post 6530451)
Then i dont see the point in creating a new channel when we alredy have one.

No no, read my initial post. The channel is not maintained.

The fact the channel is bugged is irrelevant to what goes on within the channel. It needs to be moderated regardless. If you cannot appoint moderators, the behavior problems in OPVP will add onto the problems existing in the community as it is. No need to frustrate one another with stupid dialog in OPVP.

A list of moderators will have a deterrence effect on people who troll new players. We really need new blood in PvP.

The fact it's bugged, and people getting muted indefinitely works to our advantages. I'm willing to take one for the team in the event someone gets muted.

houseofcritz 11-13-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxottoman (Post 6530481)
I suffered this the most. The channel itself is bugged. Aytanhi worked on it extensively, and I thank him for it. Whenever someone else is muted, I get muted as well and the mods/admins often have trouble unmuting me.

Can you appoint moderators?

Yea i got muted in Opvp a few weeks ago, well my alt account did and now it cant get unmuted. :(