Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dilithium Change is Actually Detrimental to the Feds. Ironically not to KDF. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=445431)

hereticknight085 11-13-2012 11:22 PM

Dilithium Change is Actually Detrimental to the Feds. Ironically not to KDF.

So I was doing some calculations after looking at what Cryptic did as a result of S7, and I came to the following conclusion:

Feds actually cannot hit their 8k limit with just daily missions.

Now here is what I calculated:

Foundry (Investigate Officer Reports): 1440
Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440
Eta Eridani Triplet: 1440
Deferi Dailies: 1440
Emancipation + Rescue + Academy Quiz: 1440
Dilithium Asteroid Mining: 600

Which brings the grand total up to... 7800.

Last I checked 7800 was less than 8000. So there you have it. Feds got screwed.

On the flip side, I was laughing when I finished calculations, because I looked at the KDF, and they were perfectly fine. In fact, their total Dil they can get is well over 8000. It's actually more like 12 or 13k per day.

So there you have it, a change that boned feds, and left the KDF mostly unscathed.

P.S If I missed any daily sources of dilithium for the feds, please let me know.
P.P.S This did not add in Borg/Tholian Sector Incursions, simply due to the random nature of those events and the fact not everyone has access to/ can win at them.

gavriil1983 11-13-2012 11:25 PM

shh, don't tell them. they'll screw the kdf too.

piwright42 11-13-2012 11:27 PM

Dude genie's outta the bottle now.

Prep for the great KDF dil nerf.

defalus 11-14-2012 12:05 AM

*cough* Fleet Actions *cough*

Oh and Doffing... and um... whatever else I forgot, I'm sure there's something.

truewarper 11-14-2012 12:18 AM

Frak...:eek::eek::eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 6558301)
So I was doing some calculations after looking at what Cryptic did as a result of S7, and I ca
me to the following conclusion:

Feds actually cannot hit their 8k limit with just daily missions.

Now here is what I calculated:

Foundry (Investigate Officer Reports): 1440
Explore Strange New Worlds: 1440
Eta Eridani Triplet: 1440
Deferi Dailies: 1440
Emancipation + Rescue + Academy Quiz: 1440
Dilithium Asteroid Mining: 600

Which brings the grand total up to... 7800.

Last I checked 7800 was less than 8000. So there you have it. Feds got screwed.

On the flip side, I was laughing when I finished calculations, because I looked at the KDF, and they were perfectly fine. In fact, their total Dil they can get is well over 8000. It's actually more like 12 or 13k per day.

So there you have it, a change that boned feds, and left the KDF mostly unscathed.

P.S If I missed any daily sources of dilithium for the feds, please let me know.
P.P.S This did not add in Borg/Tholian Sector Incursions, simply due to the random nature of those events and the fact not everyone has access to/ can win at them.

shimmerless 11-14-2012 12:23 AM

The cluster exploration dailies were actually more like +2880, because you could double up on B'Tran and the general "Explore 3 (X)" daily and hand both in at once.

defalus 11-14-2012 12:24 AM

Yep... let's all forgot about all the fleet actions which award dilithium and doffing which can run while you sleep.

jexsamx 11-14-2012 12:25 AM

Fleet Actions.

Starbase 24 right now is giving out 1440 dil per run, which neatly puts your total over 8000. 9240, to be exact. Which is of course assuming you only run one Fleet Action, which would be stupid of you unless you've got some other time constraints. You can nearly run it back to back by jumping between two or three characters, I found out.

fiberteksyfir 11-14-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimmerless (Post 6559301)
The cluster exploration dailies were actually more like +2880, because you could double up on B'Tran and the general "Explore 3 (X)" daily and hand both in at once.

Not anymore you can't. They removed the dil from the B'tran daily

hereticknight085 11-14-2012 02:53 AM

This was calculated based on someone who doesn't want to PvP and just wants to run around sector space doing dailies and things like that. I based this entirely off your average casual player. I personally dgaf, since I know where to get dil, how to get dil, and what to get it from, but your average casual player who just runs basic sector stuff will have a much harder time now.