Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   P2W the problem with pvp or not? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=446221)

devorasx 11-14-2012 09:33 AM

P2W the problem with pvp or not?

Today in Org-pvp.

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: Oki, so if i get people right here

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: P2W consoles and ships Is NOT the problem with PvP

[6:30] Devoras@Devoras_Serenitus: did i interpret said folkd correct?

[6:30] Magikus of Fire@Sagikus: the idea is like this: a big chunk of the players are looking for F2P MMOs. they enter the game without planning to spend a single cent on it. Yet, they say it's not "fair" to have P2W ingame items

[6:30] Looney@galilleos: yes i would say so devoras

This might be coming from one person, and maybe dragged out of context. BUT, how many others are feeling the same or is this just utter rubbish?

marctraiderz 11-14-2012 09:39 AM

Everyone already discussed this plenty of times, actually in the 1.5 years where you probably missed it all, MWO doesn't have these problems, come join it!

:)

devorasx 11-14-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marctraiderz (Post 6571101)
Everyone already discussed this plenty of times, actually in the 1.5 years where you probably missed it all, MWO doesn't have these problems, come join it!

:)

Ill join My Little Pony Online before i go to MWO. I got GW2 if i need something else :)

sophlogimo 11-14-2012 10:13 AM

No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W.

gx4th23 11-14-2012 10:22 AM

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W."

Thank you, this needs to be further emphasized AND become my new forum sig.

devorasx 11-14-2012 10:28 AM

A valid point as to why p2w sucks?

naz4 11-14-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophlogimo (Post 6571911)
No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W.

So you have never been grav pulsed for 50 seconds? Wow......

devorasx 11-14-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naz4 (Post 6572881)
So you have never been grav pulsed for 50 seconds? Wow......

Ye, grav pulsed in a carrier with a jem bug behind you. NO skill in the world is going to save you from that.

edalgo 11-14-2012 11:24 AM

Grav pulse?

Yes I've been pulsed for over 30 seconds. If you use another P2W console to counter it you can escape such as the impulse capacitance cell while under APO. You're not helping your team much by leaving the combat zone but you're not dead either.

naz4 11-14-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edalgo (Post 6574211)
Yes I've been pulsed for over 30 seconds. If you use another P2W console to counter it you can escape such as the impulse capacitance cell while under APO. You're not helping your team much by leaving the combat zone but you're not dead either.

What about your team mates who got caught in it?