Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   It's such a shame (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=446401)

johhanne 11-14-2012 12:10 PM

It's such a shame
 
In many ways this has been the best season launch yet - technically the server has been stable - I even got to play yesterday which to be honest I wasn't expecting. New Romulus is beautiful, many of the new missions are fun.

But it's all been overshadowed by the great dilithium snatch. Players should be talking about the great new content. Instead Cryptic has caused angry and upset players complaining - justifiably - about dilithium and in a stroke made their 'end game content' irrelevant.

It just didn't have to be this way. It really didn't.

Why?

Jo

stirling191 11-14-2012 12:12 PM

Cryptic's operating philosophy:

If we don't find a way to infuriate our playerbase, we did something wrong.

adon333 11-14-2012 12:14 PM

There end game content is rehashed and worthless GARBAGE. It prolly took them 2 hours to make during snack time and they removed all rewards for it as well.. they didnt even have a reward system or loot table to balance. lol Working for this company must be a joke, noone ever does ANYTHING.

New fake IP breaking, Fed copy pasted content Romulus is garbage as well. All rehashed laziness thrown together like grandmas 17 layer leftover 17 day meatloaf.

crypticarmsman 11-14-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhanne (Post 6573761)
in Many Ways This Has Been The Best Season Launch Yet - Technically The Server Has Been Stable - I Even Got To Play Yesterday Which To Be Honest I Wasn't Expecting. New Romulus Is Beautiful, Many Of The New Missions Are Fun.

But It's All Been Overshadowed By The Great Dilithium Snatch. Players Should Be Talking About The Great New Content. Instead Cryptic Has Caused Angry And Upset Players Complaining - Justifiably - About Dilithium And In A Stroke Made Their 'end Game Content' Irrelevant.

It Just Didn't Have To Be This Way. It Really Didn't.

Why?

Jo

Qft

1234567890

lordmalak1 11-14-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adon333 (Post 6573851)
There end game content is rehashed and worthless GARBAGE. It prolly took them 2 hours to make during snack time and they removed all rewards for it as well.. they didnt even have a reward system or loot table to balance. lol Working for this company must be a joke, noone ever does ANYTHING.

ROFL

Sure glad I wasn't drinkin anything when I read this (so is my computer)
:D

lucianazeta 11-14-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhanne (Post 6573761)
In many ways this has been the best season launch yet - technically the server has been stable - I even got to play yesterday which to be honest I wasn't expecting. New Romulus is beautiful, many of the new missions are fun.

But it's all been overshadowed by the great dilithium snatch. Players should be talking about the great new content. Instead Cryptic has caused angry and upset players complaining - justifiably - about dilithium and in a stroke made their 'end game content' irrelevant.

It just didn't have to be this way. It really didn't.

Why?

Jo

I support this post.

zorbane 11-14-2012 12:19 PM

New Romulus and the new STFs (haven't played all of them) are all incredible on a gameplay and technical standpoint. They're all new things that we haven't seen before, definitely not stuff that only took a lunch break to build.

adon333 11-14-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorbane (Post 6574031)
New Romulus and the new STFs (haven't played all of them) are all incredible on a gameplay and technical standpoint. They're all new things that we haven't seen before, definitely not stuff that only took a lunch break to build.

Sorry.... 2 lunch breaks.

azurianstar 11-14-2012 12:33 PM

Season 7 is the most disappointed I ever been with Cryptic. I swear that they are intentionally trying to shut the game down so they can move on to Neverwinter. They didn't just nerf Dilithum income, they completely DEVASTATED it!


Honestly, Cryptic / Perfect World just shot themselves in the foot and blew it off.

bitemepwe 11-14-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johhanne (Post 6573761)
.... great dilithium snatch......

I can usually have fun with snatch but this new grind has me liking the fact that my STO-citement to play has been lackluster of late.

I can handle grinding mind you though I think this recent turn of events is too much and is an attempt to once again control the economy that got away from them.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 AM.