Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Trade? Remove Fleet ship moduals from tradeable / remove unreplicateable materials (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=449121)

anomalousx 11-15-2012 09:02 AM

Trade? Remove Fleet ship moduals from tradeable / remove unreplicateable materials

I was wondering how people felt about an exchange so Cryptic could maintain profitability but remove dilithium requirements from R&D projects.

I would like to see the market for data samples return like it used to be by removing the dilithium requirements from some build projects that have pretty much noosed that market.

In exchange I would like to see Fleet ship modules become un-tradeable. They shouldn't be anyways because none of the C-Store ships are for trade and fleet ship modules just seem like an elaborate C-Store ship that has extra requirements.

In the long run maybe unreplicateable materials could be a requirement in final tier consoles and weapons ( Very Rare Mk XII+ ) to keep those consoles and weapons very expensive ( some run into 40-50 million EC on the exchange as they should for final tier ). However before that should ever happen the Data Sample market needs to make a come back to the values it was once worth so it is a bit easier to calculate the material requirements to keep V.Rare MK XII at it's current rarity level.

I really hope to convey to Cryptic that if the players think this is a good idea we can work together to do friendly trades for stuff that is inflated and other things that are deflated to maintain a good balance of profit and enjoyability.

anomalousx 11-15-2012 09:11 AM

Also if you GMs or other game in charge type people want to get a little devilish and drive up sales of Fleet Ship moduals start a ghost fleet.

Make a fleet for both factions that has access to all fleet ships and unlimited tokens and then when your bored or have some time to kill invite players to join temporarily to buy fleet ships under a secret alias.

I am not going to complain, I don't know anyone who might complain except crabs. How is PWI going to be mad? It encourages zen sales, they like that.

lordmalak1 11-15-2012 09:12 AM

I dont see a point to removing them, as both come ONLY from cryptic.

anomalousx 11-15-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 6608011)
I dont see a point to removing them, as both come ONLY from cryptic.

Currently you can bypass the entire Zen/Dilithium market and buy fleet ship modules and unreplicateable materials on the exchange. if Zen/dil is required it encourages money to be spent and since the fleet ship mods are more expensive they would more likely be bought with real money where as many people might buy a few unrep-mats with dilithium or zen because they are relatively cheap and many people can achieve the low amounts of dil through in game play.

Does earning small amounts of dilithium even need to be part of R&D as it is now? It doesn't seem like it would make as much money as selling fleet ship moduals excluseively from the Z/C(whatever)-store. And on the other hand the Data Sample market seems completely busted.

dma1986 11-15-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anomalousx (Post 6608321)
Currently you can bypass the entire Zen/Dilithium market and buy fleet ship modules and unreplicateable materials on the exchange.

And where do you think the people selling on the exchange got the items from?

At some point, SOMEONE paid real money for the Zen that eventually bought those FSMs.