Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=449241)

juggernaught92 11-15-2012 09:57 AM

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate

Just as the name implies, I can't get the launcher to start. This has happened ever since I first started the game this morning. I don't know if this is happening to a lot of people or just me. The message says that it can't establish a connection, even though I am connected to the internet.

houserozhenko 11-15-2012 11:04 AM

My launcher connects and shows the version number, then it switches to "Patching" message and the button switches to "Cancel", but nothing happens.

As I found in another thread I tried "tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com" on CMD and got a "connection timed out" message.

Now I tried again and the timeout message was gone, however the patching process still doesn't work. The progress bar sais "Patching" and doesn't move.

houserozhenko 11-15-2012 12:36 PM

Patching works again.

juggernaught92 11-15-2012 12:45 PM

You guys are misunderstanding me. When I open up the launcher, I get a little box that says "Trying to update the launcher. Plese be patient." On the bottom, it says "Tried connecting 1 time." Then "Tried connecting 2 times." And then shortly after that, I get a box that comes up and says "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

cyberdiness 11-15-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggernaught92 (Post 6614341)
You guys are misunderstanding me. When I open up the launcher, I get a little box that says "Trying to update the launcher. Plese be patient." On the bottom, it says "Tried connecting 1 time." Then "Tried connecting 2 times." And then shortly after that, I get a box that comes up and says "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

I have this exact problem. From what I have heard from tech support. (Gosh there bad) try making sure firewall and stuff is allowing to go through.

hugobet 11-15-2012 01:26 PM

Same here, haven't been able to do anything!!
Folowed the instruction on the forum, reinstalled the all game again and still nothing.
How long does this last?

juggernaught92 11-15-2012 04:24 PM

Bump for an answer...hopefully :(

mtdewd98 11-15-2012 05:31 PM

Forgive the noob question here, but what is the deal with the patching?
I don't get to play that often and have a fairly crappy Internet connection because I live in a rural, mountain area, so when I do get to play inevitably it ends up patching. Last weekend I downloaded over a gig doing this. Five days later, it's doing another gig. What's the deal?

juggernaught92 11-15-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdewd98 (Post 6620371)
Forgive the noob question here, but what is the deal with the patching?
I don't get to play that often and have a fairly crappy Internet connection because I live in a rural, mountain area, so when I do get to play inevitably it ends up patching. Last weekend I downloaded over a gig doing this. Five days later, it's doing another gig. What's the deal?

Because you are somehow deciding to play at wrong times (right before patch day xD)

juggernaught92 11-16-2012 10:06 AM

...And I get no answer for an issue that effects probably thousands of users each day (myself included), with no solution to it yet.