Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   New Romulus: The worth of Glowing Plants and Resonating Rocks (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=449971)

hrisvalar 11-15-2012 03:23 PM

New Romulus: The worth of Glowing Plants and Resonating Rocks

Just to take a break from the ongoing dilithium debates, something bugged me about these missions.

> Collect 10 Glowing Plants / Resonating Rocks to exchange for 1 Romulan mark.

That doesn't seem like a lot. It, in fact, seems like very little. You can collect a great many more radiation samples in the span of time it takes you to collect ten of these, and they exchange for a far better sum of marks too. So my sneaking suspicion is this:

Was this mission meant to award Romulan Research? Cause that'd make a lot more sense to me, given the nature of the mission, the relative difficulty, and the value of the reward.

Mind you, I haven't turned anything in yet, it might just be a typo in the quest description, and I guess I'll find out in a bit, but I just had to say, one Romulan mark seems kind of pointless. (Edit: Nope. Not a typo. It's one mark.)

jkstocbr 11-15-2012 03:26 PM

Yup, its not with the time. Better time spend doing the daily space patrol where you get 50+ marks or so?

nynik 11-15-2012 03:27 PM

It feels quite pointless to me as well. I'd rather the plants/rocks/water etc have a chance of giving a random number of drops instead of just one per node. The time it takes to get to a node and initiate collection x 10 for just 1 mark .. well, frankly it just seems to be an avenue for those who need that 1 mark for something (and who have exhausted their daily options).

fruitvendor12 01-04-2013 11:19 AM

This has been a pet peeve of mine too. It does seem since late December they appear more often though. Still, hardly worth the time to gather them.

bugspatteredjack 01-04-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstocbr (Post 6618151)
Yup, its not with the time. Better time spend doing the daily space patrol where you get 50+ marks or so?

60 to be precise. I have to admit, though I don't mind grinding really I do find the lack of ways of getting meaningful amounts of Romulan Marks irksome. In just three days of casual or so playing I accumulated over six hundred Omega marks. However, I am still a couple hundred Rom marks away from just finishing up getting a console (Zero Point). Heck, I even stroke my stupid tribble :rolleyes: daily just to get the 1 mark from it!

For God's Sake Man, I'm a Vice Admiral; NOT a Horticulturalist! ;)

vkfphoenixlord 01-04-2013 11:45 AM

Yeah, I got my 10th rock last night, turned it in and got 1 Mark. Really, 1 Mark. I don't mind wandering around NR but collecting rocks is off the list.

rifter1969 01-04-2013 01:06 PM

When I found this out, I stopped collecting them.

I was picking them up when I did the other dailies around NR, but if they are going to give out just 1 mark for all this, none for me thanks.

At least it saves on inventory slots. :D

starkaos 01-04-2013 04:16 PM

Did the Tau Dewa Daily a few times and the other ground missions until I got in the groove of the Epohh Raising. Epohh Raising gives a ton more Marks for the same amount of time running around and getting rocks and flowers.

radkip 01-04-2013 04:20 PM

For their rarity, they do offer very little. However, from just picking them up while doing the missions, it's a free mark or two which is nice. More would be better, but whatever.

On the note of the research things, how do you get those? I just started the Romulus stuff today, so I know very little about the whole process.

leadme2kirk 01-06-2013 08:44 PM

I collected rocks my 1st time on NR and that took me 3-4 trips around the planet, not again. Nothing for plants, artifacts, crystals, water samples and gourds(?), they do not give a % to your total, while collecting 'lost' reports in the Staging Area does?