Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Unable to sell Fed BOF from Enemy fraction (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=450801)

stanojoski1 11-16-2012 03:47 AM

Unable to sell Fed BOF from Enemy fraction

I play with Fed Character, i received Tactical Orion BOF. But now i am unable to move it to other characer or to sell it. Is it bug, or new rules? Coz it never says that the BOF is Bound???

Anyone else has this problem??

unangbangkay 11-16-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanojoski1 (Post 6627521)
I play with Fed Character, i received Tactical Orion BOF. But now i am unable to move it to other characer or to sell it. Is it bug, or new rules? Coz it never says that the BOF is Bound???

Anyone else has this problem??

I believe special Boffs, like the Liberated Borg, the Reman, the Borg Drone, Breen, Photonic, and Android, are character bound (though it doesn't say). All I can tell you is I can't put my Liberated Borg in the mail or into a trade window for training.

stanojoski1 11-16-2012 04:49 AM

I know about those BOF's. But these I was able to sell or move them
Check exchange, orion Very rare.. last once are fed orion BOF's

titaniumworld 11-21-2012 08:38 AM

its a bug you have to log out and back on and you should be able to sell, trade, or mail it than.

grouchyotaku 11-25-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanojoski1 (Post 6628181)
I know about those BOF's. But these I was able to sell or move them
Check exchange, orion Very rare.. last once are fed orion BOF's

Those are 'legacy' Diplomatic Exchange BOs where were originally introduced as unbound, but was eventually changed to 'bind on pickup'.

If you picked up that BO recently, (and not from the Exchange), then tough luck, its bound to your character...

joshl7889 11-26-2012 02:27 AM

if u got it recently, its bound to u. i got my orion officer a few months back adn she was bound also even though it doesnt say anywhere that she is. but they r bound now if u got it as the Diplomacy reward

titaniumworld 11-27-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshl7889 (Post 6790431)
if u got it recently, its bound to u. i got my orion officer a few months back adn she was bound also even though it doesnt say anywhere that she is. but they r bound now if u got it as the Diplomacy reward

logging out and back on clears the bound status so its either a bug that its bound to you in the first place or its a bug that it clears it when you log out and back on.

joshl7889 11-28-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumworld (Post 6818141)
logging out and back on clears the bound status so its either a bug that its bound to you in the first place or its a bug that it clears it when you log out and back on.

its not a bug dude. they r bound now. logging out and logging back in does nothing to that. trust me. i tried it. its no bug. the only enemy faction BOFF's u can sell in the exchange r ones that u got before F2P

titaniumworld 11-29-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshl7889 (Post 6828771)
its not a bug dude. they r bound now. logging out and logging back in does nothing to that. trust me. i tried it. its no bug. the only enemy faction BOFF's u can sell in the exchange r ones that u got before F2P

not true I started playing after free to play and the logging off and back on worked I unbound 3 of these boffs that way and sold 2 of them on the Exchange about 3 months ago.

joshl7889 11-30-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumworld (Post 6854091)
not true I started playing after free to play and the logging off and back on worked I unbound 3 of these boffs that way and sold 2 of them on the Exchange about 3 months ago.

how did u manage to get 3 of em. u only get 1 once u reach T4 diplomacy