Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   FIX - Intergrated Intel - Windows 7 Graphics crash FIX (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=452341)

earlofthar 11-17-2012 05:47 AM

FIX - Intergrated Intel - Windows 7 Graphics crash FIX

So far from what i am noticing this has fixed 75% of all people issue with the graphics card crashes made by season 7.

Please ONLY install this if you a integrated intel graphics card. I can not predict what it will do on other systems. This is a driver downgrade you will need to overwrite your current drivers. During the install you will have a few min where your screen will go black, don't panic just wait.

Following the install, I was able to restore my graphics to there proper settings (recommended levels on STO )

you still seem to get a SMALL stick every now and then and although the stick for a third of a second is annoying it will not affect your gameplay.

If this works, please update your tickets and let them know what you did, Please make sure they have all your system info so they can pin down any systems that are still having the problems after this. Happy Gaming

I installed the following Drivers:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...ws+7+(64-bit)*

Updated - Fixed link

earlofthar 11-17-2012 05:49 AM

Sticky this

Someone please Sticky this

robertcrayven 11-17-2012 07:12 AM

Didn't work. In fact it hosed my entire driver install.

Not a fix.

earlofthar 11-17-2012 07:39 AM

I have posted this in all area's that pertain to this thread. I will continue because since I am the one that started on the thread on the tribble server and reported the problem first. I wish people that have the integrated graphics issue like I did to have the ablity to solve it.

It worked for me and 14 others so far, if it did not work for you then sorry about your luck, please inform on your ticket you created, what you did and what it did not work. So PWE can continue to work on your specific problem.

Everyone computer runs a different type of Software and Hardware.

I as this post stated, Run a Integrated Intel HD graphics card with windows 7.. and this worked.

Good luck with your issue, and keep your flame toward the people that created the issue, not us that are helping people solve thiers.

earlofthar 11-17-2012 07:43 AM

Check your hareware toward the software

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertcrayven (Post 6648471)
Didn't work. In fact it hosed my entire driver install.

Not a fix.

As with ANY install, check your hardware against the software you are installing, This is common sense. Since this is just a older version of the Driver for Intergrated HD driver adverse effects will only happen on those that are installing it on non-appropriate GR cards.

I thought checking hardware to software was rule number 1!!

For your case, check for a driver that matches your hardware around the same time perriod as this driver, it is worth the shot. Intel download site is fairly easy to use.

trianglendrusi 11-17-2012 03:26 PM

It worked for me--I'm back in action.

Incredibly stupid that something like this was necessary, though.

palli99 11-17-2012 04:34 PM

FIX - Intergrated Intel

Thanks for posting this link! I'm up and running again.

hipkin 11-18-2012 05:31 AM

Gave this a go, seems to be working fine.

angeloscuroo 11-18-2012 08:15 AM

It's a shame that we have to downgrade our graphic drivers to run something as simple as STO. It's a shame that even after almost a week Cryptic has done nothing about the issue.

Please post a link for Win 7 32bit version of the driver as well.

paragon92518 11-18-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlofthar (Post 6648851)
As with ANY install, check your hardware against the software you are installing, This is common sense. Since this is just a older version of the Driver for Intergrated HD driver adverse effects will only happen on those that are installing it on non-appropriate GR cards.

I thought checking hardware to software was rule number 1!!

For your case, check for a driver that matches your hardware around the same time perriod as this driver, it is worth the shot. Intel download site is fairly easy to use.

You deserve a reward from the Devs for this!...seriously like 500K Dilithium or something.