Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Ground Ability Slot Devices resetting when switched out (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=452811)

obertheromulan 11-17-2012 12:57 PM

Ground Ability Slot Devices resetting when switched out

The ground ability tray seams to have lost the ability to remember which Device slot was assigned to where.
Every time I move a Device around, or after using an Enviro suit and going back to MACO,
I have to go through all the tabs looking where the hell things where put.
I bunch of my friends also found this very frustrating. It worked fine before Season 7 hit.

Can we please get this fixed?

deadstromx 11-18-2012 05:27 AM

I think I can't post new threads but can reply?

I think the UI system is bad. Things are getting assigned random places. For ground I can't change back it glitches out if I try anything but option 4.

ps can I actually post new threads? I'm not a spammed thanks STO.

maxvitor 11-19-2012 06:50 AM

Your character info indicates you registered in November, give it a little time, the limitation is to prevent spam bots from making threads in the forum, once you've been here a while the limitation will be lifted.
As for the UI, I haven't noticed this problem personally, but I'll give it a closer look the next time I'm on.

suaveks 11-20-2012 06:48 AM

I'm having the exact same issue. It's especially annoying when there are Large Hypos or other items that are required for the reputation system equipped on character. The game prioritizes personal devices as a source for these items for some reason, and then when I slot some new ones they appear in completely different tab.

Same goes for batteries in space, or even simple switching of items.

nanomorph 11-23-2012 10:13 PM

Having the same problem. I prefer the integral frequency remod and emergency shield capacitor abilities of the MACO set to be alt-1 and alt-2 respectively, but whenever I load this toon (or swap armors around and back) it always defaults them to the lowest open slots (if any are on the first row, it puts them there, if not, second row, etc.).

What's weird is that this behavior is limited to my alt. I don't get this behavior on my main toon.

blackjackwidow 12-02-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obertheromulan (Post 6652531)
The ground ability tray seams to have lost the ability to remember which Device slot was assigned to where.
Every time I move a Device around, or after using an Enviro suit and going back to MACO,
I bunch of my friends also found this very frustrating. It worked fine before Season 7 hit.

This is happening to me ever since Season 7. It's particularly annoying when I go to do a ground mission and swap the fleet tribble out for hypos or something, then suddenly in the middle of the battle I realize they're not on my power tray and are unusable.

Please - is anyone looking into this at all? Soooo annoying!

alax2011 12-02-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveks (Post 6694251)
It's especially annoying when there are Large Hypos or other items that are required for the reputation system equipped on character. The game prioritizes personal devices as a source for these items for some reason, and then when I slot some new ones they appear in completely different tab.

Same goes for batteries in space, or even simple switching of items.

YEP!!! I have the same problem when i use the rep system!! AND i find it annoying!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by obertheromulan (Post 6652531)

Yep, I i hate how the Tray resets itself all the time, and also, has anyone noticed some lag from the tray??? Like you press a Skill and watch it flash (Press...Flash....Press...Flash....Press...Flash.. ..DEAD) and fail to go off? I get this annoying thing on my sci all the time, and just today i healed someone 3 times that had the Borg nanites running threw them and they still turned into Borg, did they nurf the heals from scis so they don't heal the nanites anymore?

blackjackwidow 12-03-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alax2011 (Post 6902511)
Yep, I i hate how the Tray resets itself all the time, and also, has anyone noticed some lag from the tray??? Like you press a Skill and watch it flash (Press...Flash....Press...Flash....Press...Flash.. ..DEAD) and fail to go off? I get this annoying thing on my sci all the time, and just today i healed someone 3 times that had the Borg nanites running threw them and they still turned into Borg, did they nurf the heals from scis so they don't heal the nanites anymore?

I play a sci as well and have this happen all the time, most prominently in any of the ground invasion maps - Nukara Prime, Defera Invasion Zone, and New Romulus. But I don't think it's limited to sci - I think it has to do with lag.

The more people in an instance, the more times I seem to have to hit a button to get it to work. Although, now that I think of it, this morning on my Klingon, I was doing a space mission in Tau Dewa by myself, and not one key worked the first time.

Also, occasionally I'll beam into a ground map and my movement keys won't work. I have to navigate my toon with the two mouse buttons and it will not change until I've beamed out and in again. Most often happens during the tour event, but also during teamed missions - especially annoying during an STF. Hard enough to play a Sci effectively, no powers or movement doesn't exactly help the image. :(

tylermaxwell 12-13-2012 08:11 AM

A few weeks into Season 7, and I am still having this issue on my main character, but oddly not on my alts, and for the life of my I cannot figure out why this would be the case. This even resets when consumables which were once in my device slot are expended, then subsequently refilled in the exact same spot. I hope this is fixed soon, because the extra steps I have to take to reapply powers and devices to my tray after switching is kind of annoying.

maxvitor 12-13-2012 08:26 AM

Yep I've been noticing this too. When I put a device on my character it ends up all over the place. there is no default location, sometimes I can find it up in bar 6 or 7, sometimes it doesn't show up in the bars at all. It would be better to have a device minibar in the UI and do away with inventory linking altogether.