Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Patrolling Tau Dewa: Encounters with the Bortasqu' (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=453571)

scurry5 11-18-2012 01:56 AM

Patrolling Tau Dewa: Encounters with the Bortasqu'

Well, quite simply, this is a place to tell of our warriors' encounters with what is apparently the flagship of the KDF.

It was quite a pleasant surprise. The feds have told of their encounters with the Enterprise-F while on patrol, but I wasn't really expecting anything equivalent for the KDF given the number of times we've been shafted.

So, imagine my surprise when I warp in to Narendra, and see another warp flash behind me right after the briefing. Turns out what is apparently the Klingon flagship is the K.D.F. Bortasqu' (Yeah, I dunno about the prefix). I hear the captain (female) yell, "Death to the enemies of the Empire!", and the Bortasqu' proceeds to lumber into battle and lay waste to the Hirogen ships, shrugging off Viral Matrices and Subnukes along the way. To be frank, I've never seen beam arrays do quite so much damage before.

Well, at least this time we get something like the feds, even if it's something pretty small. Would be interesting for them to develop some lore about the crew or something, ala the Enterprise-F.

Either that, or it's just a generic name for a Bortasqu' class NPC assist.

So, who else has encountered the Bortasqu'?

captainrevo1 11-18-2012 02:11 AM

On tribble I did, but not holodeck.

in fact have not see the ent on holo either.

Found an iconian ship at the end of one mission, but it warps out as you get close.

skyranger1414 11-18-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scurry5 (Post 6660261)
Would be interesting for them to develop some lore about the crew or something, ala the Enterprise-F.

The Ent-F crew was developped? All I know its that the captain is a non human (bleh, humans are better!...*points at forum avatar*). A non human bug guy that managed to get his Defiant blown up from under him.

TBH I prefer to fight alongside the NPC Defiant than the Ent-F. Must be a preference thing, I'm just not all that much into the Ent-F just because they call it Enterprise. Besides, why is an NPC taking the spotlight from the players? Guess its just another preference issue.

travelingmaster 11-18-2012 07:39 PM

Yeah, I noticed that ******n Bortasqu'. . .right after I got decloaked by that random NPC shouting 'death to the enemies of the empire'. I was sneaking up on an NPC battleship to kill it in a single attack run.

Thanks, Cryptic, for reminding us of your broken cloak mechanics. That was really nice.

psycoticvulcan 11-18-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingmaster (Post 6671331)
Yeah, I noticed that ******n Bortasqu'. . .right after I got decloaked by that random NPC shouting 'death to the enemies of the empire'. I was sneaking up on an NPC battleship to kill it in a single attack run.

I cracked up when I read that. Sorry. :P

psycoticvulcan 11-19-2012 02:01 PM

Just did Narendra patrol. The Bortasqu' didn't show up. :(

starkofthenorth 11-23-2012 10:49 PM

Its random and can happen in any of the combat patrol missions.

zeuxidemus001 11-26-2012 09:41 PM

Yeah I had one in the Japori/Naussican one... after doing this so much on holodeck first time this woman screams death to the enemies of the empire! The thing is they should give us wide arc DBB's, DHC's, and Transphasic torpedos with the arc that thing has for our bortasqu's lol

The ships turning has those 3 types of weapons so unusable that we would need some wide arc weapons like that but unfortunatly only the flagship gets them heh. They should really have a Negh'Var back that gives us wide arc weapons like that especially since the feds got their wide arc quantum and we are yet to even get anything like that.

lordfuzun 11-26-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyranger1414 (Post 6666471)
The Ent-F crew was developped? All I know its that the captain is a non human (bleh, humans are better!...*points at forum avatar*). A non human bug guy that managed to get his Defiant blown up from under him.

Yes the Enterprise-F crew was developed. In the summer isseu of Star Trek Magezine they had the background of Va'kel Shon and Ja'rod. In the Fall Issue of Star Trek Magazine, They had the bios of the rest of the Command Crew.

jnohd 11-27-2012 08:36 AM

I have not yet had an encounter with the KDF flagship... Other than when I ran the shakedown cruise for the Odyssey, way back when it was just the Bortas, I remember the Bortas showed up to harass the new Fed flagship.

Is this the same captain? The same ship, only refit as a Bortasqu'?

I know when doing the Bortas shakedown mission, the Odyssey ship also showed up, I have to wonder if these have the same captains now...