Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Where have all the good players gone?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=454801)

khayuung 11-19-2012 04:00 AM

Where have all the good players gone?!
 
I've played Infected elites all weekend, for about 7 times. Each time I flew into a half-dead half abandoned (3 players) instance, and had to abandon it.

The fail seems to have increased, or at least my luck seems to have gone to ****. Anyone else finding this?

tetonica 11-19-2012 04:16 AM

I would consider myself average at best, but I haven't played more than 3 stf's since the roll out of season 7. Completing them feels underwhelming now with no loot drops of any kind. Speaking for myself, that was the biggest fun of the STF's; the excitement of seeing what you got from the end loot and optional reward

leonov2 11-19-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khayuung (Post 6675451)
I've played Infected elites all weekend, for about 7 times. Each time I flew into a half-dead half abandoned (3 players) instance, and had to abandon it.

The fail seems to have increased, or at least my luck seems to have gone to ****. Anyone else finding this?

I feel it may be the latter. Of course, I haven't played as many STFs, but I found in a pure PUG, stuff like Hive Normal was nearly undo able, but with groups from the EliteSTF channel (Great channel, worth a look into if you want groups that can finish STFs), we were able to go through things rather smoothly for the most part, only KASE had some issues (overshot the gates by a minute). Only thing that was personally slowing me down was my internet connection feeling rather chaotic last night. Since the Private queues are disabled though, not as many people are doing them though.

khamseenair 11-19-2012 04:44 AM

Not that I'm coming in and saying "oh look at me, I'm great", but personally with the fact that I simply don't get anything worthwhile from the STFs any more, I'm only doing one or two a day now. Before, I'd have done 10 - 12 in a day if I had the time. I think that's the case for most of the 'die hard' STF players.

deletedgear 11-19-2012 04:58 AM

Borticus mentioned (and I think they may have gone live on Tribble) that we'll be getting loot drops from Cubes and Tac Cubes soon - that might help a bit, certainly will make me feel a bit better queuing up for an STF.

Between the burn that all the die hard STFers are feeling and the fact that there's a new reputation system to grind out, I wouldn't be surprised if we won't really see as much STF activity for another 3 months or so - since it's going to take at least that long to grind out the rep system.

Many people have complained that something has changed and the Borg have gotten harder, so there may just be that many more people rage quitting from the burn/lack of rewards/difficulty combo.

xantris 11-19-2012 05:11 AM

Two things,

1) the Borg have gotten harder
2) new season with a rep system that requires STFs; you get all the terribles that normally avoid stfs now queuing up trying to fill their mark quotas

So worse players and a harder enemies. The end result if pretty sad.

spectre80 11-19-2012 05:13 AM

season 7 STF are just a chore to do. people only do some when they HAVE to. not anymore because it is fun and might drop some nice shiny stuff in the end. now its just robots running their daily task and then going to farm fleet actions in hopes of 1st place and maybe some good purple stuff. or they just log off to wait some idiotic reputation timers. STF as they were are dead.

conundrumnsa 11-19-2012 05:14 AM

It doesn't help that to get fuel for the reputation engine for Mk XII gear a lot of people (like me) are being forced into doing elites. As I've said, we don't want to be there and you don't want us there.

But as it stands there is no alternative way to get BNPs.

xantris 11-19-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectre80 (Post 6676051)
season 7 STF are just a chore to do. people only do some when they HAVE to. not anymore because it is fun and might drop some nice shiny stuff in the end. now its just robots running their daily task and then going to farm fleet actions in hopes of 1st place and maybe some good purple stuff. or they just log off to wait some idiotic reputation timers. STF as they were are dead.

The queues pop for me at the same speed they always have. I think there's a lot of exaggeration going on.

Anyway, hopefully the drops being added soon will help with people's disenchantment. Personally I think they should add Mk XI purples to optionals. I'd get easy money and I'd get the entertainment of listening to people rage even harder about rainbow boats

xantris 11-19-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conundrumnsa (Post 6676061)
It doesn't help that to get fuel for the reputation engine for Mk XII gear a lot of people (like me) are being forced into doing elites. As I've said, we don't want to be there and you don't want us there.

But as it stands there is no alternative way to get BNPs.

Just curious, Does the Mk X and Mk XI stuff cost BNP? It really shouldn't if it does. Only the Mk XII gear should require elites.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 PM.