Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Neverwinter Beta Access for Lifetime Sub (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=456811)

nagorak 11-20-2012 05:23 PM

Neverwinter Beta Access for Lifetime Sub

Maybe someone can help me with this. As a lifetime sub I've supposedly been granted beta access to NW. And my e-mail keeps getting spammed about test events, so I presume it is true. However, I can't figure out how to actually download the client to play. When I go to the NW site and try to register it says to put in a beta code, and I don't know if I've received that.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do? :confused:

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I couldn't think of anywhere better to post.

chalpen 11-20-2012 05:25 PM

You are suppose to wait and see. It isn't in beta yet and won't be until well into next year

markhawkman 11-20-2012 05:25 PM

I haven't heard about it. :( and I have LTS too...

nagorak 11-20-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpen (Post 6705141)
You are suppose to wait and see. It isn't in beta yet and won't be until well into next year

My inbox keeps getting spammed with events, including one today from 4-9 PM PST. But I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to play. :confused:

Why would I get an e-mail saying "log in", if I can't actually log in?

nagorak 11-20-2012 05:28 PM

On the other hand, if I'm really not allowed to play, why am I continually getting e-mailed about it? :confused:

daveyny 11-20-2012 05:40 PM

Did you sign up for the NW mailing list?

lewstelamon01 11-20-2012 05:58 PM

To answer your question about how to redeem your NWT key (when you get it).

1. Go to "My Account" at the top of these forums.

2. Click "Redeem Key"

3. Enter your NWT key into the box provided. If it follows the pattern of PWE beta keys, it will always be three groups of four characters, separated by dashes.

4. Click "Redeem" It should read "Activated" for NWT. If not, submit a PWE website support ticket (PWE games have been persnickety about showing that a particular beta key has been accepted of late...).

nagorak 11-20-2012 06:07 PM

The thing is, I don't think I ever got a key. I'll try searching my e-mail again. For some reason I just started receiving these e-mails at some point, and I definitely didn't sign up for the NW newsletter. I didn't even think about the game at all until I just started getting e-mails talking about Test Weekends, etc.

The whole thing is kind of weird.

alarikun 11-20-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagorak (Post 6705681)
The thing is, I don't think I ever got a key. I'll try searching my e-mail again. For some reason I just started receiving these e-mails at some point, and I definitely didn't sign up for the NW newsletter. I didn't even think about the game at all until I just started getting e-mails talking about Test Weekends, etc.

The whole thing is kind of weird.

There's a good chance that the emails you're getting are simply spam, and not actually from Perfect World.

nagorak 11-20-2012 06:13 PM

I'm pretty sure they're legitimate, because they actually link to the NW site. I guess I'll contact customer support and see if they can sort the whole thing out.

I don't even really care that much about accessing NW, but I figured if I could, what the hell. But if I can't, I don't want to keep getting spammed about it. ;)