Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Feeling cheated and as long time supporter need some reassurance (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457251)

allysnowleopard 11-21-2012 01:10 AM

Feeling cheated and as long time supporter need some reassurance
 
before season 7 went live we where told that the conversion of all our borg tech, EDCs and such where to be locked until T5 of the rep system, something I felt was unfair and thus I traded in all mine. then when season 7 hits we're told it's T3, ok, that's a little more fair but it's to late now I've sold it all off and I have no plans to keep running the STFs just to re-unlock what I worked hard for to start with... Now we're being told oh, you can open them when ever, what the heck I'm feeling cheated and want to know what the devs have to say.

why is it that long term dedicated supporters of the game are repeatedly feeling like they are being kirk drop kicked when they are down.

I'm sure there is no way a roll back to my former status would be possible without losing something, and I'm sure the devs won't take the time to roll me step by step until I can go, "Yes that's acceptable"

I'm not pleased with the state of things in the game and simply would like to hear the dev's take on everything. I'm a reasonable person, so here's my ear, sing me a song Devs

hippiejon 11-21-2012 01:20 AM

From the start, the dev team said that they would be keeping an eye on the changes and that they were prepared to make adjustments. They were very open about this. They put the conversion system up on tribble before it went live. One poster , can't remember who, consolodated the data and came up with the conversion formula and posted it here.

The not being able to open your Omega Crate was a BIG point of contention. A LOT of people called for it to be openable right away. Sorry, you are feeling shafted, but when they made all the information to make an informed decision available before the fact, and when they openly said that these systems were open to change, I find it hard to say that they 'cheated' anyone.

Just my 2 latinums.

daveyny 11-21-2012 01:28 AM

I have to agree with Hippiejon...

It's like spill't milk and all that...

I understand that your ticked-off, but it's a bit late to be griping now.

Everybody had a chance to make up their own minds at to what to do, then make a choice...

What's done is done.

grievas 11-21-2012 01:29 AM

also since you already traded all your techs in, you already got the best result, so where is the problem?

hippiejon 11-21-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grievas (Post 6711561)
also since you already traded all your techs in, you already got the best result, so where is the problem?

Quite True this statement.
The conversion was terrible.
Once the formula was figured out and posted (like a day b4 S7 went live) , people were speeding to trade in whatever they had left.

allysnowleopard 11-21-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 6711441)
From the start, the dev team said that they would be keeping an eye on the changes and that they were prepared to make adjustments. They were very open about this. They put the conversion system up on tribble before it went live. One poster , can't remember who, consolodated the data and came up with the conversion formula and posted it here.

The not being able to open your Omega Crate was a BIG point of contention. A LOT of people called for it to be openable right away. Sorry, you are feeling shafted, but when they made all the information to make an informed decision available before the fact, and when they openly said that these systems were open to change, I find it hard to say that they 'cheated' anyone.

Just my 2 latinums.

the conversion rates I could deal with, but being forced to grind out to regain access to buying power I worked hard for was unacceptable and I bowed out because they showed now signs of budging on the holding us hostage bit. I don't read the forums for the most part because of the endless vile that is spewed here. I'm trying my best not to be part of the problem. I'm not asking for a roll back, a day after I sold all my sub-prototype techs, EDCs and such I got two Proto techs I needed to finish off the Omega Space set. and the Weapons Proto Tech leaving me only the Armor Proto Tech to finish my Omega Mk XII ground set. All a roll back would do is to serve to making me feel more shafted than I am now. I'm barely getting over the month or more long wait for the 29th Century Uniform thing. j


Like I said, I've got an open ear and just trying to get this raging ball of disappointment to subside.

allysnowleopard 11-21-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyny (Post 6711541)
I have to agree with Hippiejon...

It's like spill't milk and all that...

I understand that your ticked-off, but it's a bit late to be griping now.

Everybody had a chance to make up their own minds at to what to do, then make a choice...

What's done is done.

Agreed, it's spill't milk, and not that good blue milk you find in the outer rim either. but that nasty powdered stuff. :p

I could live the the conversion rate. and I'm not asking for a roll back. I'm simply asking the devs as to why we the lifeblood of the game are being left to feel ( not saying we are out of malice) like this.

hippiejon 11-21-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allysnowleopard (Post 6711701)
I'm simply asking the devs as to why we the lifeblood of the game are being left to feel ( not saying we are out of malice) like this.

How can the Devs answer Why you 'feel' the way you do?
That seems a matter for personal reflection.

The change you have a problem with is something that a large number of people asked for, among many other changes. Why would they be unhappy with the Dev Team actually doing what they asked for ?

I'm not trying to be part of the Cryptic Defense Force here, but I really don't understand the basis of your complaint.

allysnowleopard 11-21-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grievas (Post 6711561)
also since you already traded all your techs in, you already got the best result, so where is the problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 6711591)
Quite True this statement.
The conversion was terrible.
Once the formula was figured out and posted (like a day b4 S7 went live) , people were speeding to trade in whatever they had left.

came out to something like 98k in Dt. and a bunch of varied energy space weapons. that
I didn't really need... just trying my best not to rage quite over all this, being disabled I don't get out much and this is honestly one of my few meaningful escapes.

daveyny 11-21-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 6711721)
How can the Devs answer Why you 'feel' the way you do?
That seems a matter for personal reflection.

The change you have a problem with is something that a large number of people asked for, among many other changes. Why would they be unhappy with the Dev Team actually doing what they asked for ?

I'm not trying to be part of the Cryptic Defense Force here, but I really don't understand the basis of your complaint.

I get what He/She is saying... and have a bit of affinity in that regard...

It's just that at this point, there's going to be very little sympathy heading in that direction.

One may have to be satisfied with the fact that one can "gripe" and get it off ones chest...

That's pretty much the only thing that this will accomplish.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.