Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   3rd Anniversary/ One-off Feature Episode Speculation (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457511)

reyan01 11-21-2012 04:52 AM

3rd Anniversary/ One-off Feature Episode Speculation

As per Dastahl's post elsewhere:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dastahl (Post 6706581)

In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side to be quickly followed by the STO 3 Year Anniversary Event. This special celebration will be released with a new one-off Feature Episode. If you were at the Star Trek convention in San Francisco this last weekend, Denise Crosby would have you believe that this episode is going to be all about Tasha Yar and Sela. We'll see... anything can happen.

The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event.

So what would YOU like to see?

Examples (or my personal thoughts if you prefer):

An episode involving Starfleet and/or the KDF receiving intelligence from somewhere regarding Sela's whereabouts, perhaps involving a 'rescue' of sorts, and perhaps even a skirmish with the Iconian ship (the Obex).

A mirror-universe themed episode involving mirror Tasha, perhaps in command of an Ambassador class starship (thus introducing the Ambassador class as the 'free ship' episode reward, if it is, perhaps).

Now, realistically, I realise that these scenarios are extremely unlikely and would likely be more than could be squeezed into one episode (especially since some will be playing it with a rather impatient 'I just want the free ship' attitude) but as I said, there IS potential for a very memorable episode there and a little speculation is basically harmless.

There is potential for a good episode so, with the speculation pertaining to Denise Crosby in mind, what would YOU like to see?

flash525 11-21-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyan01 (Post 6714171)
A mirror-universe themed episode involving mirror Tasha, perhaps in command of an Ambassador class starship (thus introducing the Ambassador class as the 'free ship' episode reward, if it is, perhaps).

It wont be this as the featured episode is going to provide a free ship for both FED & KDF players, and Cryptic would be fools to randomly give KDF players a FED ship to play with.

Good idea (as far as the idea goes) but hardly practical.

reyan01 11-21-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash525 (Post 6714571)
It wont be this as the featured episode is going to provide a free ship for both FED & KDF players, and Cryptic would be fools to randomly give KDF players a FED ship to play with.

Good idea (as far as the idea goes) but hardly practical.

True - but this depends on whether they're providing a single free ship that can be used by both factions, or an individual (free) Fed ship and an individual (free) KDF ship. It's not entirely clear, though their 'hint' does tend to lean toward a single ship, as you say.

hravik 11-21-2012 05:49 AM

The hint doesn't specifically say it will be a single ship that both factions can use. It could easily be the Ambassador for Feds, and some Klingon ship in use at the time the Ent-C was lost. It was a Klingon outpost she was defending, after all.

scififan78 11-21-2012 05:52 AM

Ambassador for the Feds and a K'vort for the KDF. :cool:

vestereng 11-21-2012 06:00 AM

Wait what, everyone gets a free ship or like they give away a few at random?

reyan01 11-21-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hravik (Post 6714721)
The hint doesn't specifically say it will be a single ship that both factions can use. It could easily be the Ambassador for Feds, and some Klingon ship in use at the time the Ent-C was lost. It was a Klingon outpost she was defending, after all.

Yeah - the hint is (probably intentionally) vaugue on that, though I agree with your comments pertaining to the Ambassador class and said, in another thread, that it would make sense for the free ship to be of said class due to the Denise Crosby/Tasha/Sela connection.

Anyway, I would love to see the Iconians again!

reyan01 11-21-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestereng (Post 6714821)
Wait what, everyone gets a free ship or like they give away a few at random?

Everyone who completes the (feature episode) mission receives the free ship.

pwebranflakes 11-21-2012 07:19 AM

Why speculate when I can just tell you?

Feds and the KDF will find an outpost where cereal is being mass produced. After infiltrating and shutting down the machines that produce Bran Flakes, you are confronted by an entity known as the Forum Wanderer. He bans you from the station, but sends you on your way with a new ship. Feds get a Warp-5 Milk Carton, and the KDF get a Warp-5 Spoon.

It's going to be an epic, fiberous adventure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

reyan01 11-21-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6715701)
Why speculate when I can just tell you?

Feds and the KDF will find an outpost where cereal is being mass produced. After infiltrating and shutting down the machines that produce Bran Flakes, you are confronted by an entity known as the Forum Wanderer. He bans you from the station, but sends you on your way with a new ship. Feds get a Warp-5 Milk Carton, and the KDF get a Warp-5 Spoon.

It's going to be an epic, fiberous adventure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*Mumbles*

...I wanted a Warp 7 milk carton, with a toaster console!

And why do the CornFlakes never get any love?! ;)
:P