Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Reputation Project times reduced across all tiers or not? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457861)

thratch1 11-21-2012 08:56 AM

Reputation Project times reduced across all tiers or not?
 
Dstahl said in his post, "Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers." [link]

But the patch notes say, "Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours." [link]

So... is it all tiers, or just T1 and T2?

sparhawk 11-21-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 6718951)
Dstahl said in his post, "Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers." [link]

But the patch notes say, "Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours." [link]

So... is it all tiers, or just T1 and T2?

Only T1 & T2 until next Thursday's patch. Most of the changes he mentioned won't be until next weeks patch.

recksracer 11-21-2012 09:00 AM

Im not sure how an answer to the question will help the OP if he couldn't read the patch notes... how will he read the reply?

thratch1 11-21-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recksracer (Post 6719101)
Im not sure how an answer to the question will help the OP if he couldn't read the patch notes... how will he read the reply?

urf durf i am an idiot

Except it just seemed very odd to me that they would only partially implement a change to timers in one patch, and finish implementing that change in a second patch.

Extract your ambulatory appendage from your mastication orifice, please.

xantris 11-21-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 6719171)
urf durf i am an idiot

Except it just seemed very odd to me that they would only partially implement a change to timers in one patch, and finish implementing that change in a second patch.

Extract your ambulatory appendage from your mastication orifice, please.

The changes were accompanied with reductions in certain commodity requirements. I image they need to go through the remaining tiers and make those adjustments manually.

misterde3 11-21-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xantris (Post 6719371)
The changes were accompanied with reductions in certain commodity requirements. I image they need to go through the remaining tiers and make those adjustments manually.

Assuming they have to change it for each individual type of project...yup that will take some time.
There's also a new blog up that states the rest of the adjustmens will be done by the end of the month.
So my guess is there'll be another patch with changes next week that will take care of the remaining tiers.

thratch1 11-21-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 6719501)
Assuming they have to change it for each individual type of project...yup that will take some time.
There's also a new blog up that states the rest of the adjustmens will be done by the end of the month.
So my guess is there'll be another patch with changes next week that will take care of the remaining tiers.

I'd imagine that changing numbers would just be that, changing numbers -- you go to where it says 40 hours, or 2400 minutes, or 144000 seconds, or however they have it set up, and slash that in half across all tiers.

It sounds a little tedious, but unless their code is a complete mess of tangles and dependencies it doesn't sound hard or even very time-intensive.

I figured when they said they'd roll out the changes over two patches, the changes themselves wouldn't be partial.

misterde3 11-21-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 6719981)
I'd imagine that changing numbers would just be that, changing numbers -- you go to where it says 40 hours, or 2400 minutes, or 144000 seconds, or however they have it set up, and slash that in half across all tiers.

It sounds a little tedious, but unless their code is a complete mess of tangles and dependencies it doesn't sound hard or even very time-intensive.

I figured when they said they'd roll out the changes over two patches, the changes themselves wouldn't be partial.

It's probably a case of "change what affects them now and do the rest later" because right now there's most likely no way to get to tier 3 by next week.
And please keep in mind they're not just changing the timeers, but the invested resources as well.

abmarac 11-21-2012 09:37 AM

lol don't know what the did.

But My New Romulan tier1 to tier2.
Two Projects are now stuck in the finished mode. they both had a timer for 1 day left before patch.

In the forum was that projects that already are doing will stay for the 40 hours not the 20 hours So basic I'am stuck.

Have put a bug ticket.

And wait what will happen.

Changing sector didn't solve the problem

The omega worked normal

darkstarkirian 11-21-2012 09:37 AM

Anyone else having a problem with Rep projects not completing after the patch?
It just says Finishing, and has said that the past few minutes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.