Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   quickes gone and so is reason for alt slots (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=460871)

daisydoc 11-23-2012 08:30 AM

quickes gone and so is reason for alt slots

i for one use my alts and most of my fleet members to help build starbase projects and the quickie missions helped do them. How many people bought additional character slots so the can farm dith and fleet marks for starbase projects? with small fleets foundry missions use to be a big help. how is 1400 dith for alts untable?

this nerf hurt more than it helped and i guarantee addition character slot sales will go down.

if dith was sole reason for the nerf than make the dith off of the foundry missions nonsaleable bound so it can only be used for starbase or character specific use.
then your not inpacting the dith to zen crap you guys love so much and it doesnt hose over the small fleets that use alts and foundry mission to build themselves up.

zorbane 11-23-2012 06:43 PM

Sorry this is so last week

The clickie missions were exploits and they're gone. Sorry you can't have free dilithium anymore.

jellico1 11-23-2012 07:11 PM

Well the Tier system has hurt alt characters as well
Who will want to grind up a new character thru
That !

You can still farm with 3 vice admirals doing
The easy space mission stfs

markhawkman 11-23-2012 07:24 PM

Enh.... I still play nine chars.... I like having several races to play as.

jellico1 11-23-2012 07:27 PM

I wanted a cat and a Borg but I sopose
I won't get them now, not with the tier system
I'n place

I don't want them THAT bad lol

drogyn1701 11-23-2012 09:55 PM

You don't want to still play them for, what's the word? Fun?

markhawkman 11-24-2012 04:53 PM

YEah, that's what I do... :p

broadnax 11-24-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 6763931)
Enh.... I still play nine chars.... I like having several races to play as.

Heh, I have 30+. Some don't get much play (they are teamed with specific players who aren't on that much), but quite a few do.

I don't have alts, just lots of mains. :)

jellico1 11-24-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drogyn1701 (Post 6765151)
You don't want to still play them for, what's the word? Fun?

---------------

I am I'n tier 3 with all 3 of my main characters and no
It isn't any fun at all. I will be glad when it's over so I can play
The game my way and not cryptics way.

broadnax 11-24-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellico1 (Post 6775601)
---------------

I am I'n tier 3 with all 3 of my main characters and no
It isn't any fun at all. I will be glad when it's over so I can play
The game my way and not cryptics way.

I'm not sure I get it, at least in the context of the Foundry forums. I play Foundry missions for fun. If I didn't enjoy them, I wouldn't play them.

I play dev-created story missions for fun, same criteria. I will probably never hit upper reputation tiers on most of my characters because I don't want to just do rep missions over and over again. But that's not important to me. I also don't enjoy doing the same Fleet missions over and over, or any of the other "grindy" content over and over.

It's a good thing I'm not a PvP or STF player, because I'd be ridiculed for not having the best gear or best build. That's okay; I have what I want for the kind of content I like.

Maybe removing the quickie clickies will help me find more good Foundry missions by getting the junk off the search screens.