Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Armitage Eng Build Help needed (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=462601)

gandales 11-25-2012 07:04 AM

Armitage Eng Build Help needed

Hello Everybody, finally I bought the Armitage this weekend sale. Now I want to respec my Viceadmiral accordingly. For ground combat purposes I am for more support/shield and explosives style.

I am a completely newbie here so I appreaciate any advice and recommendation. I am a kind of "just got to 50", with a only the 4 basic borg purples.

My Armitage Engineering Build

Thanks is advance for your help :D

tmichc 11-25-2012 07:53 AM

Someone with more knowledge will probably come along soon and tell you exactly what may need to be changed, but I will ask two questions first;

- Is this a PvP or PvE build?

- Plus, 2 copies of CSV and Torp Spread? Why not replace one pair with a CRF and a HYT?

Also, I would suggest running 2 copies of TT for PvP stuff, and also have a handy sci BOff equipped with Haz Emitters and Polarise Hull for PvE.

Oh, and only 3 points in Starship Weapons Performance?

Tim

gandales 11-25-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmichc (Post 6780781)
Someone with more knowledge will probably come along soon and tell you exactly what may need to be changed, but I will ask two questions first;

- Is this a PvP or PvE build?

- Plus, 2 copies of CSV and Torp Spread? Why not replace one pair with a CRF and a HYT?

Also, I would suggest running 2 copies of TT for PvP stuff, and also have a handy sci BOff equipped with Haz Emitters and Polarise Hull for PvE.

Oh, and only 3 points in Starship Weapons Performance?

Tim

Thanks, I forgot to write it. This is mainly for pve. I am not cut out for pvp :o

slayne23 11-25-2012 08:27 AM

Heres my build:
Slayne Armitage Build-Tac

Most of my abilities come from my experience in PvP. But they work great for PvE :)

In my Hangar I use Shield Repair Units. They're awesome. They save your heals for when you really need them.

But they get destroyed easy so I put them out every time the cooldowns done. I only have 1 torp and its in the back cause i dont need it much. When i do its when im escaping or Donatra.

age03 11-26-2012 12:44 AM

It is not to bad but I would get on your sci boff hazard emitters and keep tranfer shield strengh.You don't have aux to structual intergrity.

You weapon profiency is no where I guess tacs can cover that.

gandales 11-30-2012 02:02 AM

Based on some feedback, I was recommended this version

Armitage Eng Build V4

Any thoughts?

stirling191 11-30-2012 08:01 AM

With an engi captain you're not going to be able to put out the kind of alpha that a tac can, so steer away from AP:O. AP:B has better uptime, and it's a group buff, so useful both solo and in STFs / FAs.

Drop CSVIII for AP:BIII. The bonus to all damage will outweigh the cannon boost, especially if you invest in a TSIII in the Lt.Com tac slot. Put a CRF1/CSV1 in the LTs. Without beams the dual TTs are about your only choice, though I'd personally put a THY1 instead of TS1, but that's personal preference I suppose.

Engi wise, I'd personally swap EPSIII for Aux2SIFII, and put EPSII in the LT. Slot. EPW1 gives you a nice extra sustained DPS buff, and is good for helping to deal with weapon drains/disables since you don't have an engi team.

Sci-wise what you've got will work, though I personally run with a Sci-Team 1 and two cooldown doffs against everything but elite stfs. 20% shield heal every 17 seconds is pretty powerful on an Ensign level ability. The ST, TSS, EPS combo also makes you a very tough nut to crack when things go pear shaped, and your Aux2SIF hull heal can generally deal with most bleedthrough (again, not so much in elite stfs).

T4 Omega rep may change some of this, since it's roughly the equivalent to having a permanent TSSII running at all times, but the above will get you through damn near anything the game can throw at you.