Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   You want PvP to be better? Are you a victim or a culprit... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=462821)

drkfrontiers 11-25-2012 10:56 AM

You want PvP to be better? Are you a victim or a culprit...

We all know what this is about, right?

So, ask yourself this simple scorecard and rate your honest commitment on a virtual scale of your commitment to the longevity of PvP.

1. I actively seek out to exploit powers when I know that they are currently deemed as broken, and go to great lengths to justify them as ok, both to myself and others.

2. I use console powers not necessarily because of their damage potential which I know is not great, but the unintended side effects of lag they do cause to another player.

3. "I" must survive.

4. I would rather save that HE for myself that extend it to a team mate.

5. I spawn camp before moving away, not allowing the other side to advance.

6. When someone brutally kills me, I insult them via PM or zone chat, instead of PM them afterwards to congratulate them.

7. I find it easier to blame the devs for the system, but am still quite "innocent", happily running three SNB (take your pick) doffs.

Scary looking in the mirror? I know I was.

devorasx 11-25-2012 11:26 AM

Im guilty in regards to point 3, 5 and to an extent 1 and 7.

diogene0 11-25-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers (Post 6782571)

Yes.
No.
Of course.
No, teamwork is required to win a match. :confused:
Happens.
I don't PM anyone after a match sorry.
I don't blame the devs for that, I'm happy with my one or two SNB doffs allowing me to debuff tacs thinking they play in god mode.

That's not scary, I still think that what you call an "exploit" can be used by anyone. Tric mines aren't expensive at all, graviton pulse consoles are under 1M on the exchange, and a SNB doff is one week of work in farming areas to buy.

Anyway, you make weird confusion. Why someone looking for a victory would ignore any kind of teamplay or would insult someone else? I don't get it.

I noticed that stun/placate abilities (aka science ones) could make others very aggressive, because they can't play the game, and I often get insulted when i use specific combos, consoles or builds, but most of the times i answer them with a feedback pulse, it's way more efficient than insults. :D

thishorizon 11-25-2012 11:45 AM

i play the most vanilla build i can.

and i wait for targets to wander in front of my dual heavy cannons so they die.

have fun kill bad guys!

ps.... ive been known to coach anyone who asks how to have fun and be a better pilot....just reach out to @CaptainHorizon in game!

voporak 11-25-2012 12:37 PM

1 - I don't exploit things (I have yet to find an exploit other than shields while cloaking, and that is still next to useless) other than the Kerrat bug, which simplly switches my faction temporarily.

2 - I use the subspace jump console or isometric charge, depending on what situation I'm in. But I never use them to cause lag, as I get enough of that. Heck, I usually end up causing my game to freeze up by using some powers and consoles.

3 - Well of course.

4 - I can't really answer this one since I rarely do team PvP, and because my game lags so I can't target an ally in time to use the HE. But if I can, I try to send HE to someone who's hull is getting dangerously low or being eaten by plasma fire.

5 - I'm against spawn camping, but on occasion in Kerrat I do sometimes repeatedly target the other faction after we've broken their spawn camp. But I don't join in on an actual camp.

6 - I don't even insult or say mean things to other players to begin with, after being killed I usually just respawn and go mindlessly throw myself back at the same person. And end up getting killed again. :D

7 - I don't blame the devs for the system, as I don't really know how PvP is broken (I know it is, but just not what it is that's broken exactly). I also don't use SNB or siphon drones.

Not very scary looking in the mirror.

cliftona91 11-25-2012 03:17 PM

1. No, because I don't consider an exploit to be fair to anyone.

2. I don't understand this question.

3. Yes, otherwise I'm useless.

4. I try to give others heals when they need it.

5. I am guilty of spawn camping in C&H.

6. I say "GG", I don't insult other players

7. No, not at all.

piwright42 11-25-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

We all know what this is about, right?

So, ask yourself this simple scorecard and rate your honest commitment on a virtual scale of your commitment to the longevity of PvP.

1. I actively seek out to exploit powers when I know that they are currently deemed as broken, and go to great lengths to justify them as ok, both to myself and others.

2. I use console powers not necessarily because of their damage potential which I know is not great, but the unintended side effects of lag they do cause to another player.

3. "I" must survive.

6. When someone brutally kills me, I insult them via PM or zone chat, instead of PM them afterwards to congratulate them.

7. I find it easier to blame the devs for the system, but am still quite "innocent", happily running three SNB (take your pick) doffs.

No, I even quit using the Plasmodic Leach and Aceton Assimilators when I found out they were not balanced.

No, I even quit using the Plasmodic Leach and Aceton Assimilators when I found out they were not balanced.

Not if my death means the team is in a better position.

No, an HE shared especially with the right player who needs it could be the difference between winning and loosing.

No, spawn camping is fun for no one. I like a challenge, even when I lose. I have been known to back away from a spawn point when the opponent had a bad habit of lingering there too long.

No, I holler out in chat Nice!, Good shot, GG, Sweet!, Congratz!, or I keep my mouth shut. Though I have on occasion slipped, (thinks of Greenlightracer and StarDagger). I am human after all.

The only thing I blame the Devs for is imbalance and neglect. Otherwise I seek to improve my game.

Wow looking in that mirror was boring.

orondis 11-25-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

[*] I actively seek out to exploit powers when I know that they are currently deemed as broken, and go to great lengths to justify them as ok, both to myself and others.

Nope. I've even stopped using powers because they've become broken.

Quote:

[*] I use console powers not necessarily because of their damage potential which I know is not great, but the unintended side effects of lag they do cause to another player.
Nope, I only use consoles in PvE

Quote:

[*] "I" must survive.
Well kind of yeah, since if I die the other team gets a point.

Quote:

[*] I would rather save that HE for myself that extend it to a team mate.
I always cross heal, unless I'm the one getting fired at.

Quote:

[*] I spawn camp before moving away, not allowing the other side to advance.
Nope.

Quote:

[*] When someone brutally kills me, I insult them via PM or zone chat, instead of PM them afterwards to congratulate them.
I'd never insult someone for defeating me. That said I generally don't congratulate them either, but that's mostly due to being lazy.

Quote:

[*]I find it easier to blame the devs for the system, but am still quite "innocent", happily running three SNB (take your pick) doffs.
Nope.

bobtheyak 11-25-2012 05:16 PM

None except #5. I occasionally spawn camp if the match is a blowout so it will end faster and people can go on their merry way.

andoriansrus 11-25-2012 06:20 PM

I have yet to use any kind of exploit....

sometimes I use consoles but limit myself to no more than 2 (would be 3 but one of those consoles is the borg one and it does nothing but boost my power levels at the moment) Do I do it to cause lag ? no

3. "I" must survive.

I must survive as long as I can to give my team mates a chance at victory

if I am not the focus of the attack then here have an HE, a Science Team and a TSS...

nope I immediately throw myself back into the fight

no again when someone brutally kills me I ask them how they did it so I can understand what happened and better prepare myself in the future

why blame the devs they are not the ones happily running the 3 SNB (take your pick) doffs

man looking in the mirror Im a pretty vanilla PVP player