Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Typhoon Class (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=463201)

thay8472 11-25-2012 05:07 PM

Typhoon Class

Can we have it yet devs?

Edit: and the Jupiter....

Edit #2: and w/e the Klingons want.

starkaos 11-25-2012 08:53 PM

They seem more like Tier 6 ships so I would imagine that we will not get them until they increase the level cap.

centersolace 11-25-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 6788501)
They seem more like Tier 6 ships so I would imagine that we will not get them until they increase the level cap.

I pray to god that T6 never happens. I will spam the forums in a blind unholy seething rage, fueled by a billion burning dreams.

Increasing the Level Cap however... I could support such a thing if only to hear the level up noise a few more times. :P

starkaos 11-25-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centersolace (Post 6788641)
I pray to god that T6 never happens. I will spam the forums in a blind unholy seething rage, fueled by a billion burning dreams.

Increasing the Level Cap however... I could support such a thing if only to hear the level up noise a few more times. :P

I think if they increase the level cap, then your character can pilot Tier 6 ships or lower Tier ships and your other ships are used as your fleet where you can determine the bridge officers, duty officers, and captains that man your ships. After all, what is the point of being an Admiral if you can't command a fleet of ships.

thratch1 11-25-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centersolace (Post 6788641)

Everything I've seen when they mention raising the skill cap was just that... raising the skill cap. I honestly don't think they intend on adding higher-tier ships, just giving us more skill points to spend.

mimey2 11-25-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thratch1 (Post 6788891)
Everything I've seen when they mention raising the skill cap was just that... raising the skill cap. I honestly don't think they intend on adding higher-tier ships, just giving us more skill points to spend.

For me, that's mostly what I care about.

That and getting the level 3 team abilities, namely...

Tac/Eng/Sci fleet in space, and Strike Team/Engineering Proficiency/Scientific Aptitude.

hereticknight085 12-02-2012 12:08 AM

The Typhoon Class Battleship

And here it starts again, with another player politely asking for a playable Typhoon Class Battleship.

I personally see no reason as to why we can't have one. I mean think about it, it is so prevalent in the storyline, and the NPCs you can summon with fleet support are so very awesome, why not allow us to use it?

Personally, I know a lot of cruiser haters who would jump on the chance to use a Typhoon. In fact earlier today, my friend was in an ESTF, getting his rear hammered by a cube and a gate, he summoned a Typhoon, and the thing not only proceeded to take aggro off of him, but also then proceeded to tank both the gate and the cube, and actually survived long enough that both were destroyed and it warped out. He is forever converted.

So here is what I propose:

Battleship
Vice Admiral

Hull: 40000
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Turn Rate: 6
Inertia: 25
Impulse Modifier: .15
+10 Bonus Weapons Power
+10 Bonus Shield Power
+10% Energy and Projectile Damage

Consoles: 4 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 1 Science

BOff Layout:
LtCmdr Tactical
Lt Tactical
Cmdr Engineering
Lt Engineering
Ensign Sci

When the Federation and the Klingon Empire went to war, it was soon determined that the existing ships on the Federation side were either outdated or not well suited for combat. The Klingons had an obvious advantage in combat capability and it was soon determined that unless something was done, the Federation would lose this war quickly. So it was decided a new warship would be made, specifically to fight and hopefully turn the tide of defeat.

The result of this was the Typhoon. This federation battleship can take a great deal of punishment, surviving all but strongest of opposing dreadnaughts, and can easily engage almost every enemy ship by itself, and last long enough to either destroy it's target or until reinforcements arrive. It is slow and cumbersome, but it's high hull and shielding allow the Typhoon to wade into battle and engage multiple enemies simultaneously with minimal risk to the ship and crew. This ship also enjoys a small boost to it's weapons, allowing it to deal even more damage, adding on to it's already massive firepower.

I would propose putting this ship in the C-store. As for it's unique console? I would put up this for consideration:

Combat Bracing Module

Passive:
+12 Kinetic and Energy Resistance
+10 Starship Hull Integrity
+5 Starship Inertial Dampeners
+5 Starship Power Insulators
+10 Starship Hull repair
+10 Starship Shield Systems
+10 Starship Shield Emitters

Active (stacks on to passive):
+15 Starship Hull Integrity
+10 Starship Inertial Dampeners
+10 Starship Power Insulators
+15 Hull repair
+15 Starship Shield Systems
+15 Starship Shield Emitters
-20% Turn Rate
-10% Impulse Speed
-10 Auxiliary Power Setting
-10 Engine Power Setting
+10 Shield Power Setting
+10% all Hull and Shield Damage Resistance

Effect lasts 30 seconds. 3 minute cooldown. After effect wears off, -5 to all power settings for 15 seconds.

The Typhoon is known for it's ability to absorb large amounts of damage and then repair said damage quickly. The Starfleet Corp of Engineers decided to take this ability to a whole new level when this ship was redesigned for usage by high level combat capable captains.

The result of their effort is the Combat Bracing Module. This module passively provides a small energy and kinetic damage resistance buff, in addition to a small increase in all hull and shield integrity and regeneration systems, and a small buff in inertial dampeners and power insulators. When activated, all of those buffs are amplified greatly, at the cost of speed and maneuverability as the module draws power from the warp core. Activating this module also increases the shield power of the Typhoon for a short period of time, in addition to a small increase in hull and shield damage resistance.

There is a small decrease in all energy levels after the module deactivates as the Typhoon's power systems recover from this overload of energy, but it lasts for a short period of time, and has been deemed well within StarFleet's safety guidelines.

Note: This module can only be equipped to the Battleship and Fleet Battleship Retrofit.

And for a fleet version? Enjoy.

Fleet Battleship Retrofit

Hull: 44000
Shield Modifier: 1.25
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Turn Rate: 6
Inertia: 25
Impulse Modifier: .15
+10 Bonus Weapons Power
+10 Bonus Shield Power

Consoles: 5 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 1 Science

BOff Layout:
LtCmdr Tactical
Lt Tactical
Cmdr Engineering
Ensign Sci
Lt Universal

Cost: 4 Fleet Ship Modules, 50000 Fleet Credits

TLDR? Read the fkin post.

I submit this idea to the community and the devs. TYPHOON BATTLESHIP PLOX!!!

adamkafei 12-02-2012 03:40 AM

Give it turn rate of 7, it has to be capable of moving at what is at least an average speed.

Tone down the console, that is decidedly overpowered on a tank build with an eng captain.

As for the fleet version give it 4/2/4 consoles to allow for better shield regen capacity, contrary to popular belief it has been proven that tac consoles at least lie, if not have diminishing returns (See here*) in fact even you said on the subject:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 6091341)
I think in general the game either needs to A) Explain what has diminishing returns and how large of an effect they will have (aka what the cap is, and where it starts to have a reduced effect, and what the maximum potential you can achieve will be), or B) Remove those diminishing returns (which is broken and OP as hell, so I do NOT support this idea).

So rather than waste a console, move the slot and make better use of it.

Edit: Upon re-reading, the boff layout if you're looking for a DPS/tank shoots itself in the foot, you can't tank borg with ensign science. try: Ltc tac, CMDR eng, Lt Sci, Lt and Ens Uni. that would give you dmg and tank and flexibility to choose which to focus on.

*I think I worked this out in the end, I think it was: base dmg (Pre-power) then consoles then other mods.

rrincy 12-02-2012 04:30 AM

I agree , even at 30 seconds of use , those actives stacking on the passives would be so broken its unreal
for the console , id just have it give some of actives for 30 seconds , at least that way it ties in with other store consoles

Emergency S.I.F bracing

+15 Starship Hull Integrity
+10 Starship Inertial Dampeners
+10 Starship Power Insulators
+20 Hull repair
+20% all Hull Damage Resistance

drop the shield buffs , since thats little to do with ' bracing ' and give it a 30-45 seconds buff to hull strength and repair

sollvax 12-02-2012 04:47 AM

I would like to see this (but as a non rank restricted C store ship captains and up t5)