Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   AbramsTrek 2: Plot Revealed (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=465441)

psiameese 11-27-2012 11:04 PM

AbramsTrek 2: Plot Revealed

From Startrek.com

Quote:

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Star Trek Into Darkness, starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve and Peter Weller, arrives on May 17th, 2013.?
Might the Earth of the alternate timeline be the next world to be blown up? Just my wild speculation.

avantgarde01 11-27-2012 11:08 PM

Definitely sounds like the Eugenics Wars. Guess we'll see.

aestu 11-27-2012 11:11 PM

Uh...

This sounds like the only bigger waste of $20 than buying Z-points.

stofsk 11-27-2012 11:33 PM

Oh man, I don't know whether to be cautiously optimistic or groan and despair that they're really going to repeat the mistakes of the previous film. There's nothing about this plot synopsis that sounds even remotely interesting but at the same time, there's no writer's strike to interfere with the film's development - so it should be good, right?

...Right???

thomas12255 11-27-2012 11:50 PM

I'm looking forward to it, I'm not sure if what they meant in that description was that the whole Federation fleet exploded at the same time though :P

khayuung 11-28-2012 12:15 AM

At this rate, I wonder what will be left of the Abramsverse by the time the trilogy is over.

Cos I've written about a temporal captain who recounts events from the first movie as part of her past... now I'm starting to doubt she even existing! :P

amosov78 11-28-2012 01:36 AM

I don't know, I kind of like that there are real casualties and permanent changes to the universe. The villain they're describing sounds more like Gary Mitchell or Garth of Izar, rather than Khan.

artan42 11-28-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 6822781)
I don't know, I kind of like that there are real casualties and permanent changes to the universe. The villain they're describing sounds more like Gary Mitchell or Garth of Izar, rather than Khan.

Karl Urban let slip that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Gary Mitchell in an interview.

sollvax 11-28-2012 03:34 AM

Eventually someone will go back in time and delete Abrams thus saving a hundred trillion lives

crashdragon 11-28-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas12255 (Post 6822131)
I'm looking forward to it, I'm not sure if what they meant in that description was that the whole Federation fleet exploded at the same time though :P

Season 7 strikes again!!!!